1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsatisfying Zygarde

Discussion in 'Sun and Moon' started by Shinso Vampire Nagato, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Offline

Shinso Vampire Nagato First Ancestor Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    So I'm sure most if not all of you guys have played or watched the whole Sun and Moon game and story, and something that left me a bit disappointed was Zygarde. Back during E3 I believe when Zygarde 10% and Complete was talked about they said that he'd be a part of the story in a unexpected way. Well they were right as in he wasn't involved at all! All Zygarde was, was a side mission and nothing else just something optional. After thinking about it for a while I came up with a story part which would have worked amazingly well!
    So when you receive the Cube you receive it with a Core and your job is to find the Cells but you can only find up to 50% of them but it isn't told you that it is only 50%. You progress through everything until the final Ultra Beast Gluttony, there right before you reach the cave your way is blocked by the character who gave you the cube and will only allow you to progress if you have all the Cells (50% for now). Once you do you can advance into the cavern where a cutscene will start and you see Gluttony chasing another Zygarde Core, the player goes to protect the 2nd Core and the cube activates and your Core appears then both Cores will Summon all the Cells and become Perfect Zygarde! Then the battle starts of Perfect Zygarde vs Guzzlord!

After you either catch or defeat Guzzlord the 2nd Core will leave and on a later date you can return and have it join you (or battle it as Zygarde 50%, personally I'd prefer to battle), then you can use the 2 Cores to create Power Construct Zygarde.
  2. Offline

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    That poor Zygarde isn't loved by its creators :lole2:
    - Game Freak instead of a Pokémon Z created SM (for the 20th anniversary)
    - they gave him a side quest and nothing really important for the story
    - the quest is really difficult to complete
    - the 2 core thing was an anime only thing (if I'm correct)
    so maybe he will get a little more love in USUM? :lole2:

I like your story :yesyes: but I hope that in USUM you don't have to collect its cells anymore :rage:
  3. Offline

Shinso Vampire Nagato First Ancestor Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    It is anime and to be honest it makes more sense than to collect around 4+ Cores cause Perfect Zygarde based on Hel from Norse Mythology. Hel is the daughter of Loki and if I remember correctly she represents life and death, Zygarde has half of it represent life via the blue on its Wings which come from Xerneas while the other half represents Death via the Red from Yveltal. Plus the way I see it, the serpent form is 50% if 1 Core can achieve a 50% complete form then how do 4 Cores make 100% if each can reach 50%?

Sadly I doubt it since it seems to be more aiming more for Necrozma lore...
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Offline

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Eh... the game really don't care if only one core can do everything or not.... so the anime this time had a little more sense :yesyes:

Yes, even the logo scream "Necrozma" :yeahyeah:

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50 PokéTerra Topsite