What's new

Interview USUM mainly a project for Game Freak’s younger staff, more veterans for Pokemon Switch

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
In an interview with GameSpot, Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon producer Shigeru Ohmori noted how the latest 3DS games are a project for their younger staff to work on and grow and develop their skills, while the more veteran members can work on the upcoming Switch game.

Ohmori did add that Shigeki Morimoto, who has been at Game Freak since Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue, is working on the battle system for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

Ohmori:
“Of course we have a limited number of staff available to us, but we have a very varied staff within the company. We have younger staff members and also veterans who have been working on the series for a long time, very technically gifted staff members. We want to use these staff in the best way possible. For example this time with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon we can treat it mainly as a project for our younger staff to work on and grow and develop their skills, while perhaps the more veteran, established members of the company can work on the upcoming [Switch] project.”

“That’s an approach we often take: having a growth-based project for younger staff members and then a new project for the existing veterans. Using this project management style ensures all of our projects have a positive effect on one another as they go.”
Director Kazumasa Iwao:
“We always have veterans–really experienced people–involved on the quality control side of things, so we make sure the quality we expect and want to deliver with Pokemon is always there.
Source: gematsu

unownzone

Careful, Confident, Classy
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
PkmnGO Team
Yeah I figured. It's actually some time since we actually got a game directed by Junichi Masuda himself. I think the last one was XY?
Funny, because I found them less fun than ORAS roftl

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Yeah I figured. It's actually some time since we actually got a game directed by Junichi Masuda himself. I think the last one was XY?
Funny, because I found them less fun than ORAS roftl
Yes, he was the director for XY :yesyes2: :sisi2:
(ORAS and SM are really good!)

Last edited:

unownzone

Careful, Confident, Classy
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
PkmnGO Team
Yes, he was the director for XY :yesyes2: :sisi2:
(ORAS and SM are really good!)
If so, I honestly don't know if I look forward to the Pokemon game for Switch :uhmm:
I really feel like the other directors did a better job.....but well who knows :coffee:

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
If so, I honestly don't know if I look forward to the Pokemon game for Switch :uhmm:
I really feel like the other directors did a better job.....but well who knows :coffee:
We don't know who will be the director... for USUM we have Kazumasa Iwao as the director... so maybe for the Switch game we will have someone else...
(oh! Masuda was the director of BW!)

Top Bottom