What's new

Weekly Pkmn Discussion Weekly Pokémon Discussion #9: Stunfisk (618)

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
Since we are a Pokémon community, I thought of opening a weekly thread to talk about a Pokémon. We can talk about the competitive, of what we like about that Pokémon (or not), if we ever used it in the games (so we can share our experiences with that particular Pokémon: it helped in some way during your battling or not) or to simply share knowledge about that particular Pokémon.

This week's Pokémon is Stunfisk!
618.gif

Type: Electric/Ground
Base stats: 109 HP | 66 Atk | 84 Def | 81 Sp. Atk | 99 Sp. Def | 32 Spe
Ability: Static/Limber | Sand Veil (HA)​

This flat, fish-like Pokémon is really ugly. I never liked its design and always boxed him but in an Online Competition like the Pikachu Cup in ORAS, Stunfisk really shined.
For sure Stunfisk is really slow but is overall bulk and can sustain some hits from the opponent.

This is the moveset I used in that competition:
Moves:
- Scald
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Static
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP | 252 Def | 4 Sp. Def
This thing was really useful in the Pikachu Cup since the competition was 2vs2. Stealth Rock is a good start that will damage the opponent that switches in. After that you can choose to attack with Earth Power (a good Ground STAB move)/Scald (that has a chance to burn) or to use Protect and recover some HP with Leftovers.
Since in that competition any Pokémon from the National Pokédex with the Electric type were allowed, a Ground type like Stunfisk is something really useful (and that's why in this moveset there isn't any Electric type move).

Moves:
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Discharge
- Toxic
Item: Leftovers/Passho Berry
Ability: Static
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP | 252 Def | 4 Sp. Def
Like before, the Evs and Nature are the same but this time the moveset is a little different. Like before we have Stealth Rock that will damage the opponent that switches in and Earth Power but this time we added Toxic and Discharge. Toxic will poison your enemy while Discharge is a STAB move that has a high chance to paralyze.
You can change Toxic/Stealth Rock for Protect to recover some HP with Leftovers.

Like I wrote before, I never used Stunfisk before ORAS and that online competition. I always boxed him but I have to say that Stunfisk was really a great surprise when I used him in a Link Battle and he defeated Primal Groudon (low health), Diancie (low health) Metagross/Mega Metagross (full health) and Aegislash (full health).

Did you know that no other Pokémon has the same type combinations as Stunfisk? And he is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 471.

And now, let's share our experiences with that particular Pokémon in our games, cool fan artworks (with the source) or anything else!
Read the previous Weekly Pokémon Discussions

Last edited:

unownzone

Careful, Confident, Classy
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
PkmnGO Team
Stunfisk is almost invisible in the front page because its 3D model is flat asd

I once saw a cloud that looked exactly like stunfisk's silhouette roftlroftl It was perfectly flat

Diehl

As consistent as a Honda engine
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
You mean the steak Pokémon? roftl

Well, I've never used it, but as it is a Pokémon from Unova it is, of course, a great Pokémon! Right? Well... Not sure.
The only memory I have about it is being strolled thinking that it was a Ground/Water type instead Ground/Electric (and yes,I thought it because it is a fish).

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Stunfisk is almost invisible in the front page because its 3D model is flat asd

I once saw a cloud that looked exactly like stunfisk's silhouette roftlroftl It was perfectly flat
I know XDD I was unsure if to use the BW sprite or the XY/ORAS/SM one XD (but I used the last one and we can't see him XD)

You mean the steak Pokémon? roftl

Well, I've never used it, but as it is a Pokémon from Unova it is, of course, a great Pokémon! Right? Well... Not sure.
The only memory I have about it is being strolled thinking that it was a Ground/Water type instead Ground/Electric (and yes,I thought it because it is a fish).
I don't think it's a good steak... maybe it will be better as a fish? XD

unownzone

Careful, Confident, Classy
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
PkmnGO Team
I know XDD I was unsure if to use the BW sprite or the XY/ORAS/SM one XD (but I used the last one and we can't see him XD)

I don't think it's a good steak... maybe it will be better as a fish? XD
I don't exactly know the species' name, but there are a lot of dishes made with the fish that Stunfisk is based on XD

Hikari

Trainer of Light
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
5th Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Eevee
PkmnGO Team
My brother absolutely hates the thing. It's just so weird and flat, I guess...We'd always laugh whenever it'd come up because it's so darn flat on the screen! roftl

epiczzkade01

Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
I know right, it is just so flat! and by the just digressing here but I started in the hoen region in pokemon sapphire version for the Gameboy. at first I had no clue!:argh::uhmm:But I eventually figured it out!:winner: :win:

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I know right, it is just so flat! and by the just digressing here but I started in the hoen region in pokemon sapphire version for the Gameboy. at first I had no clue!:argh::uhmm:But I eventually figured it out!:winner: :win:
:welcome:Welcome to the community @epiczzkade01 !!
asdStunfisk is really flat XD if we will do a hide and seek I'm sure he will win! XDD

Top Bottom