What's new

Movies and Shorts What was the last Pokémon movie you saw?

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
The last one was on a Spanish channel (I think it was "Clan" channel..) and I watched Pokémon the Movie white - Victini and Zekrom :yesyes:
I wasn't able to understand everything since it was in Spanish but I already watched it so I had fun doing a real live abridged version of it XDD

Diehl

As consistent as a Honda engine
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
It was Pokémon the First Movie, on the last tuesday. I was bored and opened the Pokémon TV app to watch something, and there it was, Pokémon the First Movie.

Well, I didn't watch the full movie, just the first 30 minutes.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I just finished watching the movie with Volcanion and I really liked it!:clapclap:
The story is simple but good :yesyes: the only thing that I don't like is the Italian dub.... sometimes it's strange and some characters that have less than 10 years have the voice of a 50 year old :crash:
(And I don't recognise some moves because the names are different from English :omg:)

Suffering from Severe Depression
Pokémon Trainer
Probably Movie 18 with Hoopa

I want to see Movie 19 asap

Sonu

Mega trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu and Greninja
The last one was on a Spanish channel (I think it was "Clan" channel..) and I watched Pokémon the Movie white - Victini and Zekrom :yesyes:
I wasn't able to understand everything since it was in Spanish but I already watched it so I had fun doing a real live abridged version of it XDD
What a bad choice bad asmin!

Diehl

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
Today I (finally) watched to "Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice", and *brace yourselves* that was great!.

This movie has everything it should have: some awesome Pokémon, amazing battles, friends working together and great opening/ending soundtrack.

Is the plot silly? Yes it is. Is the plot predictable? Yes, except for that little plot-twist in the ending. But, does it all make difference about this being a good Pokémon movie? No it doesn't, it is a great Pokémon Movie... to me.

And, in my opinion, it maybe should be the last "Best wishes" movie, instead of that one with Genesect (which was pretty much a total rubbish), because I think the scene of the gang walking down the hill would be a cute way to finish this generation.

I don't need to say that "Kyurem VS. The Sword of Justice" is now on my list of favourite Pokémon movies, do I need?

Suffering from Severe Depression
Pokémon Trainer
I agree! It was awesome!!

And yeah, the plot twist. I won't spoil it, Kyurem (the Pokemon) isn't as bad as you thought.

unownzone

Careful, Confident, Classy
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
PkmnGO Team
Hoopa and the Clash of ages.
I tend to dislike recent Pokemon movies because they're short and have worse plots than the old one (although nostalgia might be to blameasd)
However I watched this movie at the theater and it felt much more fun because the big screen and immersive sounds let you indulge in the movie more easily. The fight between the legendary Pokemon was very entertaining to watch because of this.

I really need to watch Volcanion and the mechanical marvel :yeahyeah:

Diehl

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
I tend to dislike recent Pokemon movies because they're short

You made a good point here... I have the feeling that, for example, Kyurem vs the Sword of Justice could be 15-20 minutes longer without losing the focus of the plot.

(although nostalgia might be to blameasd)

It should! roftl

I watched this movie at the theater

Know what? I envy you. The Pokémon movies aren't exhibited in theaters here in Brazil since awhile.
I think, but I'm not sure, the last one was Pokémon 4 Ever! (Ok, maybe they could be exhibited in theaters in central states, but here where I live, the last one I remember it was on the theaters was 4 Ever)

I'd like to watch Pokémon on the theater, even that I'm not enjoying the XYZ generation of the anime (and that I'm a "bit" too old for that...).

To be honest, the Pokémon Movies not even are released in DVD/Blu Ray over here anymore, the last Pokémon movie I remember that was released on DVD here was the seventh.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
The last Pokémon movie I watched was the one with Volcanion & Magearna. It was really good. I liked the one with Hoopa but the one with Volcanion was really good. Volcanion is like an old tsundere dude in love with Magearna but it was really cute to watch XD
And the plot was quite good to :yesyes:

Quarki

Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Coco, Secrets of the Jungle was really good. It really highlighted Coco as the protagonist this time around!
I've been watching the movies off of Netflix too. I'm glad it's on there. The new movies have been really good. I also really liked Detective Pikachu. I watched it twice in theatres.

Top Bottom