What's new

SM Amiibo compatibility with Sun/Moon (Speculation Thread)

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
We have a lot of Amiibo and the 3DS/New 3DS have the Amiibo compatibility so... could this be the first main Pokémon game to integrate the Amiibo? And what kind of Amiibo (or Amiibo card) there wil be? Will existing Amiibo be compatible with the games? What sort of features do you think they would unlock in the game?

I hope they will release some exclusive Amiibo for the game (I wanted a special 20th anniversary with Red :uhm:) maybe the starters, the two legendary and the two trainers (all 700+ are too much to collect roftl). And I hope that the existing Amiibo will be compatible (why not?) to unlock some new outfits :yesyes:

Lorenzo

Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
So far there are 6 Pokemons amiibos from Smash. I think you might use them to unlock extra game features that allow you to get those Pokemons or unlock new areas in the game (Charizard Island). However, it is also unlikely that Nintendo will use amiibos in a Pokemon game at all.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
So far there are 6 Pokemons amiibos from Smash. I think you might use them to unlock extra game features that allow you to get those Pokemons or unlock new areas in the game (Charizard Island). However, it is also unlikely that Nintendo will use amiibos in a Pokemon game at all.
I know but it will be nice to have something using Amiibo :yesyes:

jebralta

Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
that would suck and it would kinda be a waste of money in my opinion. You would have to buy all kinds of seperate stuffs for them

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
that would suck and it would kinda be a waste of money in my opinion. You would have to buy all kinds of seperate stuffs for them
If they only do 4-5 Amiibo I don't see why not... I will buy them asd (I already bought all Pokémon Amiibo of the Smash series asd)

RonaldJaegar

Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
I don't see them releasing new Pokemon amiibo and utilizing them possibly the ones already out if any or possible non Pokemon characters like red or Gary oak

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I don't see them releasing new Pokemon amiibo and utilizing them possibly the ones already out if any or possible non Pokemon characters like red or Gary oak
I agree for Red, I really wanted him as an Amiibo for the 20th anniversary :yesyes: and, they will release some new Kirby Amiibo for the new game so... why not releasing some new Pokémon Amiibo for this game?

Top Bottom