1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could Pokemon Become an E-sport?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon VG' started by unownzone, Oct 7, 2018.

?

Do you think Pokemon could become an esport?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Maybe

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No Idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Offline

unownzone Careful, Confident, Classy Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
    PkmnGO Team:
    In Korea, there's a League of Legends player called Faker that makes 3Billion won(2.6M dollars) a year.
    He's a professional gamer(or esports player) with a whole bunch of sponsors.
    What do you think makes it difficult for Pokemon to become a game that handles this much money?
    Could Pokemon have "professional" gamers and bigger competitions in the future?
  2. Offline

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    I think in Japan they tryed to do this with a TV show called P-Sports... a trainer go challenge the host of the show (so it's nothing serious)... I think they stopped after some episodes but I'm not sure... (on the official site there are 11 https://abema.tv/video/title/392-28 - some of them are on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWUOq_iZ5yS_XYeDLDAHzXeI33JtYZvp4 )
    And thanks to this show (if I'm right because I dont' remember/don't know Japanese) in this TV Show they "discovered" the glitch of rollout-disguise
    But... let's return to the topic XD
    :thinking: is there some eSport of a Nintendo game? I think there isn't... so maybe it's Nintendo that don't want to have it's games as eSports... (Splatoon 2 can be one eSport but it isn't...) or simply they don't are interested ot don't want to give prize money :thinking::thinking:
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50