What's new

Detective Pikachu Detective Pikachu: Birth of a New Duo to release in Japan on February 3 for Nintendo 3DS

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
Remember when some years ago a new Pokémon Trademark was found? Now, after 2 years the detective Pikachu game is complete and has finally been revealed as Detective Pikachu ~ Birth of a New Duo~.
poster[1].jpg

The game will be available on the Nintendo 3DS eShop in Japan on February 3, 2016 for Nintendo 3DS for 1.500 yen (and starting from January 27 through February 29 it’ll be available for a special low price of 1.200 yen) and will require 800MB of space (6.400 blocks). The game is listed as a puzzle solving "Cinematic Adventure Game" and has no online features.

The game takes place in Rhyme City you play as the human character Tim Goodman. He then meets, a talking, Pikachu and the story begins.
Text: A city where mysteries lie in hiding
Text: A stange encounter
Text: A new story
Pikachu & Text: It's the scent of a case
Pikachu & Text: Where's he going to?
Pikachu & Text: Let's investigate!
Pikachu & Text: Are you ok!?
Pikachu & Text: Let's go, partner!
Text: The duo's adventure begins
Text: The hero this time is …
Pikachu: I'm not a detective — I'm the famous detective!
Text: Famous Detective Pikachu: The Debut of a New Duo
Text: He talks big
Text: But you can't help but love him
Text: Famous Detective Pikachu.
Pikachu & Text: Pika-flash!
Pikachu & Text: Focus
Pikachu & Text: This is getting interesting
Pikachu & Text: I'm going on a journey, with this partner.
Pikachu & Text: My dream will someday come true
Pikachu: Pikachu!
Text: Here is a Pikachu you've never seen before.
Pikachu & Text: Famous Detective Pikachu: The Debut of a New Duo

Source: AnimeNewsNetwork
Source: serebii

Nintendomi

Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Mmm... No, there isn't!
How to use a popular mascot for sell a no pokémon game: this is Detective Pikachu xDxD ...said that, I'll certainly play to this game... it seems cool and I'm curious to try it!asd

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I'm curious to play this game but I don't think it will be something really good... plus, why they haven't showed some of the gameplay?? I wonder if it will be like Ace Attorney or something different...
The Japanese voice of Pikachu :suspect: he seems an old man in the body of a Pikachu...

Shinso Vampire Nagato

First Ancestor
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
3rd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Gardevoir & Meloetta
PkmnGO Team
I must admit Nintendo and Pokemon have impressed me with how well they've been keeping secrets! I can't remember when was it that we got that news or it and that was it not a peep or anything!

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I must admit Nintendo and Pokemon have impressed me with how well they've been keeping secrets! I can't remember when was it that we got that news or it and that was it not a peep or anything!
We got the news in October 2013 :yesyes: and like they said, they took 2 years to finish the game (while we nearly forgot about it roftl)

Nintendomi

Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Mmm... No, there isn't!
The Japanese voice of Pikachu :suspect: he seems an old man in the body of a Pikachu...

Disquieting xD ...in the video, it's seen while talking with another pikachu, and this other pikachu talks like a pikachu! So it's possible that he is a human trapped in a pokemon body :yesyes: ...is it a curse? (or Bill xD)

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
"Detective Pikachu"

w-w-what? o_O
Don't worry... this Pikachu is scary but for now they haven't talked about the Blue Pikachu that maybe will be the enemy :lole2:
(2 years ago they talked about this blue Pikachu soI'm curious if he will appear or not :yeahyeah:)

MrPigsworth

the kid from 2015 that never grew up
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
3rd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Tepig
This game looks like the 2016 version of "Nintendo's Ways of getting Fans to Give Them More Money"

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
This game looks like the 2016 version of "Nintendo's Ways of getting Fans to Give Them More Money"
roftl That's what they have done for the last 20 years :yeahyeah: I only hope that this game will be good :yesyes:

Shinso Vampire Nagato

First Ancestor
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
3rd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Gardevoir & Meloetta
PkmnGO Team
So I just found out that there's a petition to get Danny DeVito to voice Pikachu in the NA version :LOL: :lol:

Shiny_Pikachu

Electric Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Froslass
PkmnGO Team
This looks interesting, definitely want to hear more about it.

Nintendomi

Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Mmm... No, there isn't!
The intro of the game has been loaded on youtube!! :hype: ...and also a video of the first 42 minutes of Gameplay! Here they are:

Last edited:

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
So I just found out that there's a petition to get Danny DeVito to voice Pikachu in the NA version :LOL: :lol:
I don't like the english dub of videogames/anime but I think that the Italian one will be really bad...

The intro of the game has been loaded!! :hype: ...and also a video of the first 42 minutes of Gameplay! Here they are:

Thank you! Later I will watch the intro since I'm curious :yesyes: (I'm curious about the gameplay too but I will wait :yesyes: )

Diehl

As consistent as a Honda engine
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
For the people who was hoping to see Danny DeVito as Pikachu's voice actor on the american version of "Detective Pikachu", I'm afraid to say that doesn't looks this is going to happen.

At an event in Los Angeles last friday, DeVito was asked if he knows that the Pokémon fans was wanting him to voice Detective Pikachu, and his answer was:

"No. I don't know what you're talking about... What is Pokémon?"*

It is not clear if DeVito doesn't really know what is Pokémon or if he just didn't want to talk about it. But, this kind of attitude just makes it seem like he definitely will not be Pikachu's voice actor.

Source: Destructoid.

*He used a very ugly expression, I could not write that here, so I adapted this part of the text.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
For the people who was hoping to see Danny DeVito as Pikachu's voice actor on the american version of "Detective Pikachu", I'm afraid to say that doesn't looks this is going to happen.

At an event in Los Angeles last friday, DeVito was asked if he knows that the Pokémon fans was wanting him to voice Detective Pikachu, and his answer was:

It is not clear if DeVito doesn't really know what is Pokémon or if he just didn't want to talk about it. But, this kind of attitude just makes it seem like he definitely will not be Pikachu's voice actor.

Source: Destructoid.

*He used a very ugly expression, I could not write that here, so I adapted this part of the text.
"Who the hell is DeVito?" roftl Joke... but here we won't have the english dub :)rage:I hope they will allow you to choose it)
For now... we have to wait the localization :yesyes:

Shinso Vampire Nagato

First Ancestor
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
3rd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Gardevoir & Meloetta
PkmnGO Team
"Who the hell is DeVito?" roftl Joke... but here we won't have the english dub :)rage:I hope they will allow you to choose it)
For now... we have to wait the localization :yesyes:
You're assuming they'll localize it...there's a chance it won't be unless something about it being localized has been said and I missed it...

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
You're assuming they'll localize it...there's a chance it won't be unless something about it being localized has been said and I missed it...
Well, it's a Pokémon game so sooner or later they will localize it :yesyes: (why they have to lose a possibility to make money? asd )

Top Bottom