What's new

Do you ever thought about naming your children after a Pokémon?

Diehl

As consistent as a Honda engine
Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
Hello trainers, today's topic is a bit old, so if someone already made a post about it, I'm sorry.
Today I stumbled on a old BBC's post, which talks about people who are naming their children after Pokémon! :uhmm:

According to Baby Center, an increasing number of newborns are going to grow up with first names like Roselia, Ash, Eevee and Onyx.

The US pregnancy and parenting website says around half of its users are playing the game regularly right now.

But it's unclear exactly how many new mothers and fathers will call their children Bulbasaur or Venonat.

"Parents are always looking to pop culture for baby name inspiration and, right now, it doesn't get hotter than Pokemon Go," said global editor in chief of Baby Center, Linda Murray.

"It's possible that parents' enthusiasm for the game will reignite their love for the brand and spark a full-fledged naming trend."

The website finds out what new parents are naming their babies while they're registering.

Mankey and Muk are said to be less popular - which is probably a good thing.

But we really hope there are some human Pidgeys throwing little red balls at each other in the not too distant future.

In other Pokemon Go-related naming news, a woman who found a stray cat in Florida two weeks ago has named it Mewtwo.

Carey Burns says she was out hunting for monsters in a car park near her flat when she heard the kitten crying and had to name her after a character from the game.

How names connected to Pokemon Go have grown in popularity compared to this time last year

1. Roselia - it's risen 5,859 spots

2. Onyx - up 2,184 spots

3. Star - 2,040

4. Eevee - 1,377 places

5. Ivy - 1,287 spots

6. Ash - 248 spots

7. Shay - 64 spots

Source: BBC.

This is sort of bizarre, but makes sense to me.

So, well, there comes the question, do you ever thought about naming your children after a Pokémon?

Well, I haven't. I can't see me naming my kid Emolga or anything else. roftl
But, the human characters, hmm... Iris is a pretty name (also Cynthia as well), so maybe... roftl

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
Poor babies names Onix/Roselia,Eevee.... :omg: I can already see how others will laugh about them.... I can understand a cat, a dog with a Pokémon name but... :haha: :hahaha::haha: :hahaha:
Joke aside, I don't think I'll ever name a kid with a Pokémon name because I'll only ruin him/her life but a normal human name, why not?

Suffering from Severe Depression
Pokémon Trainer
Well, with Roselia and Eevee you could shorten them a bit more and call them Rose or Eve.

Hikari

Trainer of Light
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
5th Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Eevee
PkmnGO Team
True. Ash is good for girls too, short for Ashley. Lol.

Eve is a nice name, but yeah, I can see the kids laughing now....Naming them after human characters is better.

Top Bottom