Penguin's Crown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite shiny hunting method?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon VG' started by May, Mar 21, 2018.

Share This Page

1. May

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    My favorite for now is the Ultra Wormholes in USUM, I got a lot of shiny Pokémon there and, I hate breeding... I got some Pokémon (Growlithe and Honedge) but that was luck.... when I tryed for a shiny Rockruff I haven't found anything :cry3:
    2nd place: fishing XD I found a shiny Tentacool in Omega Ruby XD
  2. N

N Trainer Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    "The MegaZards" "Therianudus"
    PkmnGO Team:
    First and last time I did full odds Shiny hunting was in Generation 3 - Firered. Went for a Gen3ShinyKarp 'bout 2 years back.

Now I either fly through wormholes or participate in giveaways... I'm way too lazy to breed/SR/full odds/half odds/quarter odds/whatever odds/Masuda/PokeRadar ... Shiny hunt. :argh::giveup: :surrender::giveup: :surrender:
  3. Progkmon

Progkmon Trainer Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Bunnelby
    Chain Fish (LOVE that mechanic in XY, oh those days), Breeding and SOS chains would be mine, I have more patience to breed than chaining with the Poke Radar or SR, I still have to try the Ultra Wormhole method, I'm leaving that part at the end :yesyes2: :sisi2:
  4. ...

... Suffering from Severe Depression Pokémon Trainer

Can someone direct me to some guides on catching or encountering Shiny pokemon?

I'm pretty new to shiny catching, thinking about also getting into competative battling
  5. May

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    The Ultra Wormhole is really simple and quick, I love it!

You can start with the Ultra Wormhole (they are really simple and quick) or the Masuda method.
    In the Masuda method you put in the Day Care center two Pokémon from different languages (example: an Italian Ditto and an English Arcanine) you will have 6/4096 to get a shiny. The game generates up to six total personality values to attempt to find one that will be Shiny.
    If you add the Shiny Charm you will get a +2 so 8/4096
    I got a shiny Growlithe and Honedge with the Masuda method... and Iwasn't hatching to find shiny Pokémon XD I wanted to get an intimidate Arcanine (and at some point the shiny Growlithe hatched XD) and trade a Honedge (but it was shiny so I traded another one XD)