What's new

Game Freak take actions toward Players using unauthorized Game Data in Online Play

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
The official website announced that Players using unauthorized Game Data in Online Play will no longer appear in the Trainer Rankings for Rating Battle Random Matchups and will have their ability to participate in online competitions restricted.
detail_en_4d1b7dcd-253a-40f1-99f0-3668ce348c1b.jpg

Important Notice Regarding Actions Taken toward Players Using Unauthorized Game Data in Online Play
Thank you for using the Pokémon Global Link.

It has come to our attention that a small segment of players participating in Rating Battle Random Matchups and online competitions have engaged in the following behavior:
● Used Pokémon data that cannot be obtained through normal gameplay or used otherwise unauthorized Pokémon data
● Unofficially modified certain game data and have used that data in online play

Players we have identified as having engaged in such behavior will no longer appear in the Trainer Rankings for Rating Battle Random Matchups and will have their ability to participate in online competitions restricted.

From this point forward, the following actions will also be restricted within their applicable games:
● Game Sync
● Rating Battles
● Online Competitions

If you are affected by this change, you will see the following message when you perform Game Sync (including Auto Sync) or attempt to participate in online competitions or Rating Battles in an affected game:

The service has been discontinued.
http://www.pokemon-gl.com
(Error Code: 090-0211)

The Pokémon video game series allows players to connect with each other to enjoy battling and trading. Players who unofficially modify their game data can negatively affect the gameplay experience of other players. We strive to create a fair and safe gameplay environment for all players to enjoy, and we will continue to monitor and take action against players who choose to engage in unauthorized data manipulation or otherwise malicious behavior.

We encourage all players to enjoy the Pokémon video game series fairly and appropriately, as outlined in each game’s instruction manual, in order to ensure that the Pokémon and saved game data of all players are not negatively affected in any way.
Source: http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/4d1b7dcd-253a-40f1-99f0-3668ce348c1b

Shinso Vampire Nagato

First Ancestor
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
3rd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Gardevoir & Meloetta
PkmnGO Team
First they takeout Homebrew now they're taking action towards the main games that we used in it.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
First they takeout Homebrew now they're taking action towards the main games that we used in it.
They have to do it :yeahyeah: but I don't think they will be able to stop those players forever :suspect: (they can start again the game, create a new account on the Global Link and play again...)

Shinso Vampire Nagato

First Ancestor
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
3rd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Gardevoir & Meloetta
PkmnGO Team
They have to do it :yeahyeah: but I don't think they will be able to stop those players forever :suspect: (they can start again the game, create a new account on the Global Link and play again...)
While it does annoy me a bit, it doesn't surprise me at all. Then again it's only a matter of time before another path for Homebrew is made. And I could care less about the Global Link I never use it any more.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
While it does annoy me a bit, it doesn't surprise me at all. Then again it's only a matter of time before another path for Homebrew is made. And I could care less about the Global Link I never use it any more.
I use it only when there's some online competition and I want to enter it...
But like you said, they can't stop it... there's too many ways to cheat :yesyes:

Top Bottom