Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
For those of you in the US, the Hoopa event has been announced.
Hoopa can be obtained at participating McDonald's (via Nintendo Zone) from November 27, 2015 until December 23, 2015 in Pokémon X, Y and Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire and will have the following moves: Psychic, Nasty Plot, Astonish and Hyperscale Hole. He will hold the Focus Sash item.
EN_p02_01.jpg

Get the Mythical Pokémon Hoopa at participating McDonald's! Hoopa comes with an awesome selection of moves, including the powerful Hyperspace Hole move, a Psychic-type attack that only Hoopa can learn! This is the first opportunity to get the newly discovered Mythical Pokémon, so don't miss out!

Hoopa is available at participating McDonald's between November 27 and December 23, 2015. You'll need a copy of Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby, or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire as well as a system in the Nintendo 3DS family. The Hoopa you receive will be in its Confined form. When Hoopa is in Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, it can transform into the powerful Hoopa Unbound!

Visit McDonald's to get the amazing Mythical Pokémon Hoopa while you can!
Source: official website

How to download Hoopa:
To clear up some misconceptions: what they mean when they say "connect to Nintendo Zone", they actually mean don't do that at all; you'll get a message that says that the Nintendo Zone service has been discontinued. In reality, it's actually not super complicated:

1. Go to your local McDonalds. It seems like any location will work as long as it has Wi-Fi, given how this system works.
  2. If you have your system's wireless systems turned off, you might as well turn them on.
  3. Your 3DS, because Nintendo has partnered with McDonalds, should just automatically connect to their Wi-Fi.
  4. Now, load up any of your X, Y, OR, AS games, and go to Mystery Gift.
  5. ANOTHER confusing part of this is that you'd just assume to go to "Get via Wireless", as if it was a local Mystery Gift. Unfortunately, that's not the case either. You want to choose "Get via Internet". It's not explained well at all, but that's how you do it.
After a bit of downloading, you'll have your Hoopa! There's no download code and there's no local Mystery Gift, and you don't use "Nintendo Zone" to do it, either, which I think is where the confusion lies.
Source: reddit

Last edited:

Shiny_Pikachu

Electric Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Froslass
PkmnGO Team
I'm happy that Hoopa is finally going to be available in the U.S. but I hate McDonald's.

Shinso Vampire Nagato

First Ancestor
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
3rd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Gardevoir & Meloetta
PkmnGO Team
Why just why McDonald's of all places...

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I'm happy that Hoopa is finally going to be available in the U.S. but I hate McDonald's.

Why just why McDonald's of all places...
I don't know since I don't live there but seems that the McDonald's are everywhere in the US so maybe this distribution is to give an opportunity to everyone and get a Hoopa... :yeahyeah:

EDIT: The information has been taken down from the official site...

Last edited:

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
It's official, Hoopa can be obtained at participating McDonald's (via Nintendo Zone) in the US :yesyes:

Omega-B

Never Ending
Pokémon Trainer
Are all/most Mcdonalds participating in this event? I'm just curious.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
How to download Hoopa:
To clear up some misconceptions: what they mean when they say "connect to Nintendo Zone", they actually mean don't do that at all; you'll get a message that says that the Nintendo Zone service has been discontinued. In reality, it's actually not super complicated:

1. Go to your local McDonalds. It seems like any location will work as long as it has Wi-Fi, given how this system works.
  2. If you have your system's wireless systems turned off, you might as well turn them on.
  3. Your 3DS, because Nintendo has partnered with McDonalds, should just automatically connect to their Wi-Fi.
  4. Now, load up any of your X, Y, OR, AS games, and go to Mystery Gift.
  5. ANOTHER confusing part of this is that you'd just assume to go to "Get via Wireless", as if it was a local Mystery Gift. Unfortunately, that's not the case either. You want to choose "Get via Internet". It's not explained well at all, but that's how you do it.
After a bit of downloading, you'll have your Hoopa! There's no download code and there's no local Mystery Gift, and you don't use "Nintendo Zone" to do it, either, which I think is where the confusion lies.
Source: reddit

x0m36h4

Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
2nd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Sylveon
It's still easier than getting Hoopa in Europe where you need to go to certain participating stores in order to get serial number for Hoopa.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
It's still easier than getting Hoopa in Europe where you need to go to certain participating stores in order to get serial number for Hoopa.
Right... I hate going to the stores since sometimes they don't have the codes and I miss the events (I missed the shiny Gengar :uhm:) so I like the wi-fi events more :yesyes:
(in some European countries is really difficult to get the codes :yesyes: if I'm correct in Netherland it was available only for a weekend at a fair... in Poland... uhm, I dunno since I haven't read anything about it... maybe like always they forgot about them :suspect: )

jebralta

Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
stupid mcdonalds near my house told me that they werent doing the promotion, and that i was weird, and to stop bothering them lolz

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team

Kawaiifu~