1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interview Interview with Masuda and Ohmori: Dynamax and the decision to narrow the number of available Pokémon

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield' started by May, Jun 12, 2019.

1. May

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Masuda and Ohmori talked to the website USgamer about the Sword and Shield games, the new Dynamax mechanic and the decision to narrow the number of available Pokémon.
    You can read the full interview on USgamer's site.
  2. May

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Masuda/Ohmori talked to Famitsu (https://www.famitsu.com/news/201906/13177936.html)
    The translation isn't very good because it's Google Translate but... it's similar to the one from USgamer
  3. Rayquaza

Rayquaza Trainer Pokémon Trainer

Favorite Pokémon:
    Rayquaza
  4. Shinso Vampire Nagato

Shinso Vampire Nagato First Ancestor Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    I'm sorry but there is no valid excuse considering:
    1. Models had already been made and were made with the intention of use in a stronger system, there was 0 need to redo them.
    2. The Switch can most definitely handle 1000+ Pokemon, you just need time to finish them all, TAKE IT!!! DELAY THE GAME!!!
    3. "Balancing" What balance? There is no such thing as "balance" in Pokemon Game. Removing Pokemon does not create "Balance" GameFreak isn't Thanos.
    I am definitely not buying Pokemon SWSH...
  5. May

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Better translation of the Famitsu interview:
    Source: tumblr

Cover of the magazine Weekly Famitsu:
    weekly-famitsu-1593[1].jpg

I thought that this was only for SwSh but seems that this will be a new "policy" :omg: I wasn't fine when they announced it but I was "maybe only this time and they will fix things in the next game" but... no... so some Pokémon will be in SwSh, those same Pokémon maybe won't be in the next game... no, I'm not fine. :facepalm: I want all of them. And I want Mega and Z moves too.
    There's a lot of ways to balance the game (what balance?? Mega Rayquaza is too much powerful, the Forces of Nature/Kami trio are powerful...) so they can simply force more rules for competitive battles... since XY you can use only Pokémon with an origin mark (black clover, blue pentagon) so they can stop old Pokémon to breed with the ones from Galar (that's stupid but it's better than not having all the Pokémon in the game)
  6. Rayquaza

Rayquaza Trainer Pokémon Trainer

Favorite Pokémon:
    Rayquaza
    bootleg Chinese mobile game (Let's Go Pokémon)
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Shinso Vampire Nagato

Shinso Vampire Nagato First Ancestor Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    I would definitely love to know how much time, development took... How big was the team that worked on the models and animation that GF can't afford to do.
  8. May

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    The special attacks (like water shuriken) have great animations!!! Normal attacks are good too (I like that Pokémon collide with others!)

I want to know too!
    I have read that 3 Pokémon can follow you and you can ride the big ones and... you can connect to the official Pokémon GO to transfer Pokémon! (Don't know if it's true or not, maybe they confused the original Let's Go PikaVee with this mobile bootleg)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. masuda interview

2. masuda pokemon interview removing features

3. pokemon home removed pokemon interview

4. junichi masuda interview

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.