1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interview Interview with Masuda: Pokémon Cut from Sword and Shield will return in the future

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield' started by May, Oct 1, 2019.

Share This Page

1. May

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Masuda talked to the website Game Informer about the decision to narrow the number of available Pokémon and that the Pokémon cut from SwSw will return in the future.
    When asked if if cut Pokémon will return in future games:
    You can read the full interview on metro.co.uk's site.
  2. Shinso Vampire Nagato

Shinso Vampire Nagato First Ancestor Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    Just thought... Let's say all of the cut Pokemon appear in the next game being Diamond & Pearl Remake (DPR). If that is the game, doesn't that mean that Pokemon SWSH won't be able to battle against Pokemon DPR?

There will probably be some overlapping Pokemon between the two, so does that mean that only those Pokemon shared between SWSH & DPR will be usable if we can battle between the games?
  3. May

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    I think, yes.
    We already have something like this in XY and ORAS. ORAS introduced some new Mega and the Primals so if you wanted to battle you must first deposit in the pc all the Pokémon that aren't in XY and the game will use "special rules"
    The real question is: how many Pokémon from SwSh will be in the DP remake?
  4. Shinso Vampire Nagato

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    Yea, Gen 6 & 7 had that but to a much lesser degree and one that wasn't as big of a deal. Yea there were some restrictions between Primals, Megas, & Cosplay Pikachu but overall a good I'd say... 97% is a good estimate? Was compatible between the two. But SWSH & DPR (which will certainly be a Gen 8 games also) will be much more restrictive, forcing players IF they want to battle between the games to have a highly restrictive team. Heh... So much for "expanding" the variety in competitive play...
  5. May

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    You can't battle between Gen 6 (XY, ORAS) and Gen 7 (SM, USUM)

That was really good but like you wrote, I think we won't have a lot of variety in competitive... (or in random battles) and maybe the two games won't let you battle against other players... :suspect:
  6. May

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    They made a video with an interview
  7. Shinso Vampire Nagato

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    I didn't mean battling between Gen 6 & 7, I meant between the games of they're own Generation. Because SM & USUM had restrictions also between Poipole, Necrozma forms, & the other 2 new UBs.

I mean something as big as this, if people don't get pissed then there's no hope for Pokemon...

Edit:
    I'm fine if the Exp Sharing is a regular mechanic but they better let us turn it off! Cause all of the previous games were rediculously easy doing a run with the Share on!

"I think players can choose the right playstyle in terms of difficulty for themselves."
    PFFFTTTTT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMFAOROFL!!!! And how exactly are supposed to do that with more and more limitations being added?

"Who do we have to beg for Pokemon Snap 2?"
    ASKING THE REAL QUESTIONS HERE!!!
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  8. May

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Let's not forget Lycanroc Dusk Form :suspect:

On Twitter it's a war... but sadly after the nintendo Direct the pre-orders are doing good (and maybe in this last month they will become great...)

I'm fine with the exp share but, I prefer to be able to choose :yeahyeah:

Everyone was really happy with the hard difficulty in B2W2 (ok, it's stupid to complete the game to unlock it but it's better than nothing :yeahyeah:)
  9. May

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    New interview:
  10. Shinso Vampire Nagato

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    They realize doubling down is not going to help them in any way right?

They want to complain about "moral" being down, most likely because of the backlash since it has intensify due to the leak, and releasing something like this will do nothing but make it worse.
  11. May

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    They continue to say that they won't add all Pokémon in future games... and that they don't regret anything so I think they were ready for a backlash
    (but at the same time, the thing about the "moral" being down maybe isn't true since there isn't any interview about it, only a guy wrote that)

Pokémon Sword & Shield interview: “we have no regrets” around the Nationaldex
    Full interview: https://www.vg247.com/2019/10/24/pokemon-sword-shield-interview-no-regrets-national-dex/

"we can also give people a greater attachment to the Pokemon that are in the game"... yeah, we will get attached to see that Pokémon won't be in the next game :facepalm:
    at least tell us how Home will work! :rage2: Because for now I think it's a prison not a home sweet home! roftl
  12. Shinso Vampire Nagato

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    Well Masuda is one big ol liar! Last couple of days a few screenshots of interviews with him where he says he never wants to cut Pokemon, this was as recent between Let's Go release and before SWSH announcement. They had specifically asked if they could transfer Pokemon from Let's Go to the 2019 Main Game, Masuda said "We made a bad memory back when you couldn't transfer your Pokemon into the newest game (gen 2->3), we want to work to prevent that from happening again."

With their actions they have made the worse memory that Pokemon will possibly ever have.
  13. May

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Ah that interview... (https://pokemon-trainer.com/threads...ir-old-pokemon-to-the-2019-switch-games.2649/ ) :facepalm: and I was so happy when they announced Home (June 5)... only to be sad a few days later (June 11)
    I still remember when I wasn't able to transfer my Pokémon from Silver to Sapphire... but I was really happy that something like that didn't happen again... well, until now. A lot of my favorite aren't in the game :cry5::cry5:

This is an interview made by Nintendo Power magazine from 2011
    (Note: BW were released in 2011 and a year later the sequel, B2W2)
    ph191d98l2o31[1].jpg
  14. Shinso Vampire Nagato

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    I saw that interview also. I didn't start playing Pokemon until Gen 3, so the Gen 2 to 3 issue didn't affect me and FRLG were released not long after I started playing.
    Darn... Sorry to hear... Gardevoir, Golurk, and Tsareena at least made it in for me.

I made the decision that I'm not buying Shield yet. I'm going to wait for GameStop to have Pre-owned copies instead to then buy it, I'll gladly give them my money over GameFreak, that is unless I win one from the various contests people are holding. I figured they already payed for the game and I'm personally still not giving my money to GF.
  15. Nurse Joey

Nurse Joey Trainer Pokémon Trainer

I am looking for new pokemon so much l. I AM DYING FOR THAT

I am looking for new pokemon so much l. I AM DYING FOR THAT
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2019
  16. May

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Well... I think that buying a copy from Game Stop/Amazon isn't giving money to Game Freak (but I can be mistake) because it's Game Stop/Amazon that buy the game from Nintendo or other sources (that's why on Amazon you find wrote "Sold by Amazon/Shipped by Amazon" and not "Sold by Nintendo/Shipped by Amazon") but I can be wrong...
    while if you buy the game from the official store (nintendo) or on eshop the money go directly to Game Freak
    example: Nintendo sell the copy to Game Stop/Amazon, they take the money from them. you pre-order the copy from GS/Amazon and you pay GS/Amazon for the game
    but I'm not sure if it's like this or not

asd
  17. Nurse Joey

Nurse Joey Trainer Pokémon Trainer

^^ two new pokemon are here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. Shinso Vampire Nagato

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    From what I've been told when it comes to new Games, a portion of the money goes back to the original company. But when it's Used/Pre-owned all the money goes to the seller in this case Game Stop.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. May

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    A screencap like that isn't much proof but... I'll be honest I would've been happier if they admitted the truth (the broke importer is a better excuse than the better models and everything else we got)
    I know that this can cause a loss of investors but they would seem more honest and avoid all the hate from the fans.
    I hope that for the next game they will fix everything because if they really won't bring back all of them that would really be sad.