What's new

Interview Masuda: Players can carry over their old Pokémon to the 2019 Switch Games

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
In an interview with the website GameSpot, Pokemon director Junichi Masuda assured that the development team is working to make possibile to move old Pokémon and the ones from Let's Go to the 2019 Switch game. While Game Freak is still figuring out the details, Masuda assure that it will be possibile.
"We're definitely always thinking of that kind of forward-moving functionality, especially since we've introduced Pokemon Bank"
"Now, up to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, you're able to store your Pokemon, and we know they're very important to everyone. I mean, obviously, people would be very sad if they couldn't use their Pokemon in a future game. So, it does get complicated when you talk about the details and we're still figuring it out, but we do have plans to find ways to let players use their Pokemon in the next game."

unownzone

Careful, Confident, Classy
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
PkmnGO Team
I'm sure they'll make it happen.
It would be so disappointing if our old Pokemon's route to pass over to each new generation were to be cut completely.
I was really happy that it's possible to move original RSE pokemon to ORAS but unfortunately I haven't tried it yet.
It will feel extra special if I could, and that's why Switch should make that possible too.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I'm sure they'll make it happen.
It would be so disappointing if our old Pokemon's route to pass over to each new generation were to be cut completely.
I was really happy that it's possible to move original RSE pokemon to ORAS but unfortunately I haven't tried it yet.
It will feel extra special if I could, and that's why Switch should make that possible too.
I hope they will use the Pokémon Bank... we paid 5 euro every year and it's a good option to pass over old Pokémon.
I was reallu sad when in RSE you couldn't pass over old Pokémon from gen 1-2 :cry3:

unownzone

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I hope they will use the Pokémon Bank... we paid 5 euro every year and it's a good option to pass over old Pokémon.
I was reallu sad when in RSE you couldn't pass over old Pokémon from gen 1-2 :cry3:
Wasn't there a really difficult method that needs the gamecube for that?

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Wasn't there a really difficult method that needs the gamecube for that?
There's a way?? If yes, I didn't know about it... I always thought that they simply were stuck in Gen 1-2 (this the cartridge because the VC games can use the Bank)
I know that with the 3DS you can buy an usb (or something like that) so you can add the save of the cartridge to a VC game and after that use the Bank but there was a Game Cube method? I need to know more XD

unownzone

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
There's a way?? If yes, I didn't know about it... I always thought that they simply were stuck in Gen 1-2 (this the cartridge because the VC games can use the Bank)
I know that with the 3DS you can buy an usb (or something like that) so you can add the save of the cartridge to a VC game and after that use the Bank but there was a Game Cube method? I need to know more XD
Maybe I was mistaken. Can't find anything just by searching.....I just heard something similar :wall:

http://atopthefourthwall.com/how-to-trade-gen-12-pokemon-into-gen-3-and-up/
I found this site. Didn't watch the video so I can't tell if it's real advice...

Last edited:

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team