Penguin's Crown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wild Area Events Max Raid Battles for Mewtwo and Kanto starters will be more common until March 2, 2020

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield' started by May, Feb 27, 2020.

Share This Page

1. May

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    The official Pokémon YouTube channel announced that from today Mewtwo and the Kanto starters will become more common in Max Raid Battles in the Wild Area.
    slide.jpg
    Features:
    • from today until March 2, players will be more likely to encounter Mewtwo in Max Raid Battles.
      Note: Mewtwo can't be captured but will give out great rewards (Ability Capsules, PP Max and Bottle Caps (rare)) if defeated
    • from today until March 2, players will be more likely to encounter Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Charmander, Charmeleon, Squirtle and Wartortle in Max Raid Battles.
      The Kanto starters have a chance of dropping EV reducing berries, Toxic Orb, Flame Orb and Life Orb
    Notes: to enjoy this feature you’ll need to connect to the internet. Connecting your Nintendo Switch system to the internet will automatically enable you to encounter the latest Pokémon appearing in the Wild Area. You can achieve the same results manually by opening the X menu in your game, selecting Mystery Gift, and then selecting Get the Wild Area News.

2. Nurse Joey

Nurse Joey Trainer Pokémon Trainer

I am glad to be the first one who will post here. Looks like exciting and ainterest8ng and who i saw the title, i just surprised and who i opened the video. I saw the day 2020, it is the same in the serebi for picture pikachu day 2020.

And then when i saw the entire video. I like the fact that mewtwo destroyed all its challenger whitout asking. All pokemons didn't do any single attack against it. So exciting so awesome indeed. Thank you very much for the information.
  3. May

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    That's an official picture so every website use those :yesyes2: :sisi2:

Believe me, it's really difficult... :sad2:
  4. Nurse Joey

Yes, i know but i wonndered about for what this pikachu 2020 day will today, this what i meant. About challenging mewtwo, yes i am believing in you. From the video it is looks so strong and the music it become more mystery and more interesting so don't worry
  5. May

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    The music in the trailer is the one used
    when you battle against Rose
  6. Nurse Joey

Yes, i am agreeing you. But in this video it was more awesome
  7. Shinso Vampire Nagato

Shinso Vampire Nagato First Ancestor Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    I brought my Bisharp thinking a Dark Steel would destroy him like every other Psychic type...

Turn 1:
    -Ally Grimmsnarl used Light Screen
    -Ally Zacian 1 used Behemoth Blade
    -Ally Zacian 2 used Behemoth Blade
    -Mewtwo used Max Flare *Zacian 2 Fainted*
    -Mewtwo used Focus Miss
    -Mewtwo used Max Flare *Zacian 1 Fainted*

We lasted maybe 3 turns and I got to see all FIVE ATTACKS MEWTWO HAS!!!

Seriously that's not fair giving him FIVE ATTACKS!!! It's one thing giving him a moveset to cover his weaknesses but it's another to break the rules of the game to give him an advantage.
  8. May

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    It's really difficult.... I used Tyranitar, Bisharp, Incineroar and all of them go ko really fast...
    For the moves... yes, 5 of them and random from 3 builsets:
    Some good Pokémon to use against it are:
    Marshadow
    Grimmsnarl
    Lunala
    Necrozma (Dawn Wings)

Later I'll use Bank to move one of my Marshadow and try again the raid (only because I want to win at least once asd)
    but the most annoying thing is that you can't catch it... why??? :cry2::cry2::cry2: I already have a lot of Mewtwo... so why can't I have another one as a prize for defeating it???
  9. Shinso Vampire Nagato

Shinso Vampire Nagato First Ancestor Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    I didn't bother even playing Shield after that lost so I didn't know Mewtwo was this large pile of BS... I don't think I'll be playing Shield until the DLC is released... I honestly have no motivation...
  10. May

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    I play the raids to find shiny Pokémon (I have a nearly a full box of shiny and a lot of them are from raids) and the online competitions so for now I always have something to do :yesyes2: :sisi2: (and I still need some G-Max 'mons XDD)

I defeated Mewtwo only once :omg: all thanks to my Marshadow and a good team (2 Grimmsnarl and a Lunala)
    Video: https://twitter.com/seiryu6_yu6/status/1234360871125581824