Demon Buster Trainee
- May 14, 2014
- Generation Started
- 1st Generation
- Favorite Pokémon
- Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
- PkmnGO Team
Registration for the "Pikachu Cup" Online Competition begins Thursday, August 13, 2015, at 00:00 UTC through Thursday, August 20, 2015, at 23:59 UTC.
Source: http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/89f4d353-179b-4b9e-af2f-6cfb5992edd8Important notice: The Sign-Up and Competition Periods for Pikachu Cup have been updated. Please see below for details.
Play shocking battles in the Pikachu Cup, an Online Competition where only Electric-type Pokémon are allowed, including Pokémon brought over from Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, or Pokémon White 2 via Poké Transporter. If Pikachu is among the top three most-used Pokémon in the tournament, all qualified participants will receive a Special Pikachu! If Pikachu finishes 4th through 12th in the usage rankings, everyone will receive a Light Ball. If Pikachu is not in the top 12, all Trainers will receive 1,000 Poké Miles. Good luck in the exciting Pikachu Cup!
Thursday, August 13, 2015, at 00:00 UTC through Thursday, August 20, 2015, at 23:59 UTC
• You must sign up during this period in order to be able to participate in the competition.
• You may sign up for the competition once per game registered to your PGL account.
Friday, August 21, 2015, at 00:00 UTC through Sunday, August 23, 2015, at 23:59 UTC
50,000 (limit subject to change; first come, first served)
Qualified participants will receive a gift determined by Pikachu’s place in the final Pokémon Ranking for the competition (see below). To receive the gift, competitors must complete at least three battles and earn a place in the rankings.
Pikachu Ranking Participation Gift
1st through 3rd Special Pikachu
4th through 12th Light Ball
13th or beyond 1,000 Poké Miles
Junior Division: Born 2000 or later
Masters Division: Born 1999 or earlier
• Junior Division players are limited to playing between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m., based on the eastern-most time zone in each player’s country.
Ranking Results Announcement
Early September (announcement time subject to change)
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
• This competition uses Double Battle format.
• Players may use any Pokémon from the National Pokédex with the Electric type, excluding Zapdos, Raikou, Arceus, Thundurus, and Zekrom.
• Pokémon brought over from Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, or Pokémon White 2 via Poké Transporter may participate in this competition.
• Register 4–6 of your Lv. 1–100 Pokémon to your Battle Box.
• All Pokémon above Lv. 50 in this competition will automatically become Lv. 50 for the duration of each match.
• Only four of the Pokémon you register to your Battle Box can be used during each match.
• A 15-minute time limit for each match will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. If the outcome has not been determined when the time limit expires, the game will automatically apply tiebreakers to determine a winner.
• At the beginning of each battle, players have 60 seconds to select four Pokémon with which to battle.
• At the beginning of each turn, players have 30 seconds to select a move or change the Pokémon in battle. If a player has not made his or her selections at the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.
• Players may battle up to 15 games per day of the competition. Any unplayed games will carry over to the following day. A new day begins at 00:00 UTC.
• For additional details, please come back to check the competition’s regulations page when registration opens.
• A Pokémon Trainer Club membership
• A wireless Internet connection
• A Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire game with a Game Sync ID registered in the Pokémon Global Link (PGL)
• The birth date you have registered in your Pokémon Trainer Club account will determine the age division in which you play. If it’s discovered during the competition that your birth-date information is incorrect, you may be disqualified from the competition and future competitions.