Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
The new arc of the anime, Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon will air this November.
smposter[1].jpg
In this new arc, ash will receive a Z Ring and meet Melemele Island Guardian, Tapu Koko.
Ash will go to school and his new goal is to graduate "like never before".
tumblr_odjlb38lAV1r8sc3ro1_500[1].jpg tumblr_odjlb38lAV1r8sc3ro2_540[1].jpg tumblr_odjlb38lAV1r8sc3ro3_540[1].jpg tumblr_odjlb38lAV1r8sc3ro4_540[1].jpg tumblr_odjlb38lAV1r8sc3ro5_540[1].jpg tumblr_odjlb38lAV1r8sc3ro6_540[1].jpg tumblr_odjlb38lAV1r8sc3ro7_540[1].jpg tumblr_odjlb38lAV1r8sc3ro8_540[1].jpg tumblr_odjlb38lAV1r8sc3ro9_540[1].jpg

Last edited:

Superqami

Magnemite, go!
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
3rd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Greninja
PkmnGO Team
Oh wow, idk why everyone is hating on this. It seems very intersting and I'm excited to see how this will play out. BUT I'm not really a fan of this new style, what in the world happened to Ash's hair spikes, they are all curved now.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Oh wow, idk why everyone is hating on this. It seems very intersting and I'm excited to see how this will play out. BUT I'm not really a fan of this new style, what in the world happened to Ash's hair spikes, they are all curved now.
I will watch the first episode but... I'm not a big fan of this setting :nono2:
About the new style... I really don't like it... I liked the XY one but this... :omg: they changed studio or what??
tumblr_odjtkhlH9v1rpn9eno1_500.jpg

Ash is really different :uhmm: (same for Pikachu sometimes)

Nope... I erally don't like this new style :cry:

Shinso Vampire Nagato

First Ancestor
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
3rd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Gardevoir & Meloetta
PkmnGO Team
So this is what it means to shot yourself in the foot!

Boy they're going to be regretting this monstrosity....

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
So this is what it means to shot yourself in the foot!

Boy they're going to be regretting this monstrosity....
Can I help you? asd

Well... after this, I think that they need to think a little more about the animation because it's horribile... :omg:
I can be ok with the school theme but those drawings... :knife::knife::knife:

Diehl

As consistent as a Honda engine
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
No way! Not good!

They'll try to make Pokémon some of that cartoons with terrible jokes that no one ever laugh at it? Or it is just the animation style that give my this impression?

Shinso Vampire Nagato

First Ancestor
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
3rd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Gardevoir & Meloetta
PkmnGO Team
Can I help you? asd

Well... after this, I think that they need to think a little more about the animation because it's horribile... :omg:
I can be ok with the school theme but those drawings... :knife::knife::knife:
I wonder if they hired those Dragon Super animators!

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
No way! Not good!

They'll try to make Pokémon some of that cartoons with terrible jokes that no one ever laugh at it? Or it is just the animation style that give my this impression?
We will know with the first few episodes :uhm:

I wonder if they hired those Dragon Super animators!
I don't think that they hired the Toei... maybe some new and economic studio? :search:

unownzone

Careful, Confident, Classy
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
PkmnGO Team
Some people try to justify this art style by saying that it's meant to be more "kid friendly."
I understand how they're trying to stay optimistic, but I MUST complain regardless XD

The thing is, even if this was the anime's attempt to make the art style more appealing to a younger audience, the quality could be better. Some "kid-friendly" art styles can have as good quality as XY did, but the way Sun and Moon is looking, doesn't look like it. Honestly speaking, it's not the art style that's the problem it's the quality. Anyone can see it's poorly drawn. By "anyone," that means that even kids will notice the change in quality. Thus no matter how you look at it, this was a very bad move by the Pokemon Company :(

However, I think we should always remember that visuals are just visuals. An anime can still be good even if it has bad drawing. I just hope Sun and Moon will have an amazing story that can make up for its art "degression"

I expected Lillie to be different than how she looks in the trailer haha.
To me, she looks too sweet XD
Based on her official site description and the Ken Sugimori art, I thought she was supposed to be a really grumpy female character, hoping she'd even be grumpier than Paul XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Some people try to justify this art style by saying that it's meant to be more "kid friendly."
I understand how they're trying to stay optimistic, but I MUST complain regardless XD

The thing is, even if this was the anime's attempt to make the art style more appealing to a younger audience, the quality could be better. Some "kid-friendly" art styles can have as good quality as XY did, but the way Sun and Moon is looking, doesn't look like it. Honestly speaking, it's not the art style that's the problem it's the quality. Anyone can see it's poorly drawn. By "anyone," that means that even kids will notice the change in quality. Thus no matter how you look at it, this was a very bad move by the Pokemon Company :(

However, I think we should always remember that visuals are just visuals. An anime can still be good even if it has bad drawing. I just hope Sun and Moon will have an amazing story that can make up for its art "degression"

Based on her official site description and the Ken Sugimori art, I thought she was supposed to be a really grumpy female character, hoping she'd even be grumpier than Paul XD
Eh... the art style is for sure different and I still want to know what studio they hired to do this new arc :uhmm:
Lillie, like Ash, is younger... so I think everyone in this arc will lose some years :suspect: and now I want to see Gladion to bully everyone at school :haha: :hahaha:

Talking about news, we know from today's Pokémon Fan Magazine scans that Serena and Ash-Greninja won't join Ash in his new journey :rage:
Oct 13th: XY&Z045 - One Last Battle with Ash! Serena’s Choice!!
Oct 20th: XY&Z046 - Farewell, Ash Greninja! Xerosic Strikes Back!!
Here's the scans: http://www.pokemon-trainer.com/threads/pokemon-fan-magazine-scans.1024/#post-7626

So, Ash's mother will go with him to Alola (at least she is the same as always :yeahyeah: for now...)
Csi1IlAXgAA_Cyh.jpg

TintjeMadelintje101

Just a girl loving Pokémon! ;)
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Lugia and Typhlosion
PkmnGO Team
Ugh I don't think I'm gonna like this new series... the school setting... and THE F*** ANIMATION!!! OH Hell what have they done to the animation :cry2: like in X and Y the animation is like WHOAAA splenid and awesome to watch, but this abomination!! How dare they!! :rage2:
plus, is it me or do they try to make Ash look dumb again... cause he finally showed some balls in the X and Y series he now has to be a pussy again!? :uhm:

Diehl

As consistent as a Honda engine
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team

Well, in Portuguese we have an expression "Quem vê cara não vê coração", which can be translated as something like "the face is no index to the heart"... So maybe behind Lillie's apparent sweetness, there is hidden a little devil. xD

Sent from my BLU DASH M using Tapatalk

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Ugh I don't think I'm gonna like this new series... the school setting... and THE F*** ANIMATION!!! OH Hell what have they done to the animation :cry2: like in X and Y the animation is like WHOAAA splenid and awesome to watch, but this abomination!! How dare they!! :rage2:
plus, is it me or do they try to make Ash look dumb again... cause he finally showed some balls in the X and Y series he now has to be a pussy again!? :uhm:
I agree with everything... we will have to wait until the next generation to see if he will still be dumb or not :cry:

Well, in Portuguese we have an expression "Quem vê cara não vê coração", which can be translated as something like "the face is no index to the heart"... So maybe behind Lillie's apparent sweetness, there is hidden a little devil. xD

Sent from my BLU DASH M using Tapatalk
asd I think that she will make us laught but who knows?

TintjeMadelintje101

Just a girl loving Pokémon! ;)
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Lugia and Typhlosion
PkmnGO Team
I agree with everything... we will have to wait until the next generation to see if he will still be dumb or not :cry:
:yesyes2: :sisi2: I guess so... I think I'll skip this season... just as I did with B&W...:facepalm:

Top Bottom