1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokémon Bank for Nintendo switch?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Switch 2019' started by May, Nov 17, 2017.

1. May

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    Do you think they will let us transfer our Pokémon from throughout the generations to the Switch game?

Since it's a paid software I think they will create a Switch version for it compatible with 2/3DS so we can send our Pokémon from the old games to the new one :yesyes2: :sisi2:
  2. ...

... Suffering from Severe Depression Pokémon Trainer

most likely we will be getting a Pokemon Bank for switch since it's an online cloud service.

it might differ from the 3ds one though, we might get a full 3d user interface and maybe a shop inside the bank.

but that's just me thinking out loud.
  3. May

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    A shop? For what?
  4. Shinso Vampire Nagato

Shinso Vampire Nagato First Ancestor Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    Actually I get the feeling when the time comes, we'll have to use the Poke Transporter so that the Pokemon Data is converted for the Switch version of Bank, which will most likely not show All of our Pokemon, only the ones which have been Transported.

Reason I think this is cause all the 3DS titles, use the same 3D models and most like programming for the Pokemon, but the Switch is a completely different console meaning it will require brand new programming for the Pokemon along with new models most likely.

We'll most likely have 2 different Bank apps, and the 3DS one will only work to transfer between the 8 games, while the Switch one will only work to transfer between the Switch games. But we will eventually have to transfer all of the Pokemon to the Switch Version, due to the 3DS reaching the end of it's lifespan and Nintendo most like shut off any online services for it, this won't been for another 2-3 years though, if not maybe a few more.
  5. May

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    I think that the Pokémon are in a cloud thing and they store the data like: Pokémon, moves, evs, ivs and so on it won't be that difficult to move to the Switch version... maybe there will be a new Switch Pokémon Bank app that will be compatibile with the previous versions (and like now, you won't be able to move new mons to the old games but you can move old ones to the new game)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pokemon bank switch

2. pokemon pbank switch

3. pokebank nintendo switch

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.