Careful, Confident, Classy
Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
PkmnGO Team
So most recently, Project Exelis has decided to build the game on RPG Maker instead of hacking a ROM.
Previously, the leader wanted to proceed the project on a ROM because it would be playable on a mobile emulator, thus having more players.
However, after inviting a new programmer that insisted that he could help out far more if we used RPG Maker, and considering the lack of progress we've been making for the last year, we've changed that decision.
Now, Project Exelis is going to utilize a new platform, so I'd like to tell you that we might be getting more updates more frequently in the near future.

:hype:

Something big happened.

So, about this new programmer I mentioned in a reply before, he was kicked out of our project.
One of our artists checked his personal "sprite database," and found out that he was using fanmade Pokemon stolen from other fanmade Pokemon games.
His first approach to the project was about whether we had a lot of fakemon, and offered to help out with the Exelis Pokedex wiki.:thinking:
Considering that, it was likely that he was planning to steal our Pokemon ideas as well.
We have no room for art thieves in our project, so our leader banned him instantly.:coffee2:

After he was kicked out, he threatened to "report to Nintendo" when our game comes out.:rage2:
Now we have our #1 hater.:lole2:

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
After he was kicked out, he threatened to "report to Nintendo" when our game comes out.:rage2:
There's people like him that only wants to steal designs and ideas... and gets angry if they can't have what they want roftlroftl

unownzone

Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
There's people like him that only wants to steal designs and ideas... and gets angry if they can't have what they want roftlroftl
I'm surprised to have met someone like that.

I'm impressed how my team is responding to this incident because they're all like
"At least I got myself to learn how to make sprites"
"We should do a better background check in the future"
like it's nothing. asd

TintjeMadelintje101

Just a girl loving Pokémon! ;)
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Lugia and Typhlosion
PkmnGO Team
Sorry for the late reply.:facepalm3:
Well you can search for the Exelis Page on Facebook. Just Search "Exelis." I'm sure it'll be easy to find.
The reason I'm asking you to connect with us that way is because Exelis' staff is all in a facebook group chat.
Being in the chat will be the most effective way to help us out, because that's where everyone's exchanging ideas and details about our fanmade pokemon.
If the idea of this exchange doesn't make you comfortable because we have to use facebook, where personal information is rather exposed, I understand.

If you're still interested, here's how it will work out.
We already have all the ideas for the fakemon and trainers, but we don't have any sprite artists.
So, we'll be asking you to create sprites based on the concept art we have of our Pokemon and trainers.
If you need help, you will be able to ask about the details and intention behind the designs in the group chat.

Because we originally intended to create the game on a gen 3 ROM, the sprite designs should preferably be RSE or FRLG based.
However, since we've moved to RPG maker, the limitation may be lifted. We'll have to ask DrewDrops about that.

I'm afraid Project Exelis is already at a development point where it will be difficult to contribute your own ideas.
(I myself wasn't really able to add more fakemon either)
However, if that's okay, working on the sprites will be very easy because the creators have a very clear image in their minds.
It's just up to you to realize them.

That's all I got for you now. Tell me what you think! asd
That does sound alright to me, I'll go and try to contact him on facebook, though I'm rarely active on FB, lately I'm more online because of my little sister, I want to keep an eye on her (because of certain reasons) but otherwise, not really that active xD.

And also as I mentioned before, I'm terrible when it comes to full body Pokémon sprites (hence why I do fusion sprites for Luminon... it's because the sprites already exist xD) and I really mean with terrible... horrendously terrible, never dare to do that, so bad.
But as you probably have seen in my own game (Luminon), I can do custom trainer sprites, trainer overworld sprites and (yes) I can also do Pokémon overworld sprites of the pkmn already created (I only cannot do custom (for the Pokémon part) full bodied back/front+shiny sprites). And if you prefer to have it more RSE style, I can try my hand at it to figuring out the sprite style (It's not much of an issue I think, just a couple of days toying with it)

I actually don't mind to not put my own input in the game ^-^ I would actually prefer to keep it to you guys and I'm just the trainer sprite(and ow artist) for you guys ^-^

TintjeMadelintje101

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Lugia and Typhlosion
PkmnGO Team
Something big happened.

So, about this new programmer I mentioned in a reply before, he was kicked out of our project.
One of our artists checked his personal "sprite database," and found out that he was using fanmade Pokemon stolen from other fanmade Pokemon games.
His first approach to the project was about whether we had a lot of fakemon, and offered to help out with the Exelis Pokedex wiki.:thinking:
Considering that, it was likely that he was planning to steal our Pokemon ideas as well.
We have no room for art thieves in our project, so our leader banned him instantly.:coffee2:

Honestly I wouldn't worry about Nintendo... I don't understand why people are so afraid for copywright infringement, as everybody probably has noticed.. barely anywhere I have put my actual personal data when it comes to contacting me, even if they do.. they cannot get to me anyway so who's going to pay if they don't know the actual person.. and yes they can go to court, but because this is the internet, you can always say it isn't you they have claimed against they have not a shred of proof that it is actually you!! (that is if you're like me and never give out your full data xD)

unownzone

Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
That does sound alright to me, I'll go and try to contact him on facebook, though I'm rarely active on FB, lately I'm more online because of my little sister, I want to keep an eye on her (because of certain reasons) but otherwise, not really that active xD.

And also as I mentioned before, I'm terrible when it comes to full body Pokémon sprites (hence why I do fusion sprites for Luminon... it's because the sprites already exist xD) and I really mean with terrible... horrendously terrible, never dare to do that, so bad.
But as you probably have seen in my own game (Luminon), I can do custom trainer sprites, trainer overworld sprites and (yes) I can also do Pokémon overworld sprites of the pkmn already created (I only cannot do custom (for the Pokémon part) full bodied back/front+shiny sprites). And if you prefer to have it more RSE style, I can try my hand at it to figuring out the sprite style (It's not much of an issue I think, just a couple of days toying with it)

I actually don't mind to not put my own input in the game ^-^ I would actually prefer to keep it to you guys and I'm just the trainer sprite(and ow artist) for you guys ^-^

That's great! Thanks so much XD
I know I've kept telling you to contact our project leader like he's a completely separate person, but if you message the Pokemon Exelis Page, the odds of myself replying to you is pretty high too. (I'm an admin of the page too). In fact, I'm on facebook as often as I am on Pokemon-Trainer, so you won't have to worry too much. Even if I'm not there, DrewDrops is really friendly.

You don't have to worry about your pokemon spriting capabilities either asd
We need a trainer sprite artist as much as we need a pokemon sprite artist, so having your help will make an enormous difference anyhow.
Besides, we could find a way to recreate our fanmade Pokemon by fusing different parts of pre-existing Pokemon.

Well, just in case using facebook doesn't work out that well for you(since you don't use it that much in the first place), do you have a platform that would be more comfortable for us to exchange idea and sprites?

TintjeMadelintje101

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Lugia and Typhlosion
PkmnGO Team
That's great! Thanks so much XD
I know I've kept telling you to contact our project leader like he's a completely separate person, but if you message the Pokemon Exelis Page, the odds of myself replying to you is pretty high too. (I'm an admin of the page too). In fact, I'm on facebook as often as I am on Pokemon-Trainer, so you won't have to worry too much. Even if I'm not there, DrewDrops is really friendly.

You don't have to worry about your pokemon spriting capabilities either asd
We need a trainer sprite artist as much as we need a pokemon sprite artist, so having your help will make an enormous difference anyhow.
Besides, we could find a way to recreate our fanmade Pokemon by fusing different parts of pre-existing Pokemon.

Well, just in case using facebook doesn't work out that well for you(since you don't use it that much in the first place), do you have a platform that would be more comfortable for us to exchange idea and sprites?
Ooh haha xD That's ok >-< I've contacted the groups page (and you were right it was quite easy to find haha) hope it all goes alright and they don't disapprove of my sprites (if they want to see that xD)

Aww thanks xD I'm really sorry I cannot help much with Pokémon sprites :(.. though I am starting to think to maybe give it a go again (because I feel so useless haha) and probably my first sprites will look absolutely terrible... but maybe I can learn the sprites dynamics by using pieces of the original sprites as a base to work on and from there make the sprite to the Pokémon I want it to, not sure that will turn out well but that might give me a chance to learn the sprites basics... which will probably take forever to learn but I am thinking of it.. even though I think I'm so terrible at that xD

I'm ok with using facebook, though I never post art from me there haha xD, but I do am very active on DeviantArt, I always check it several times a day to see if I get new messages plus I can use it's sta.sh function to post art without submitting it to the public and share the link where I post them so all of you have access to the sta.sh folder I post them in.
That is if you're ok with that?

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Honestly I wouldn't worry about Nintendo... I don't understand why people are so afraid for copywright infringement, as everybody probably has noticed.. barely anywhere I have put my actual personal data when it comes to contacting me, even if they do.. they cannot get to me anyway so who's going to pay if they don't know the actual person.. and yes they can go to court, but because this is the internet, you can always say it isn't you they have claimed against they have not a shred of proof that it is actually you!! (that is if you're like me and never give out your full data xD)
That works for a free hosting that don't care who you are... you can be a dog and they will give you the free hosting. This change if you buy a domain name and the hosting... here you must write your real name, surname and so on...

From Wikipedia:
Notice and take down is a process operated by online hosts in response to court orders or allegations that content is illegal. Content is removed by the host following notice. Notice and take down is widely operated in relation to copyright infringement, as well as for libel and other illegal content. In US and European Union law, notice and takedown is mandated as part of limited liability, or safe harbour, provisions for online hosts (see the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1998 and the Electronic Commerce Directive 2000). As a condition for limited liability online hosts must expeditiously remove or disable access to content they host when they are notified of the alleged illegality.[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notice_and_take_down

But even if you have a free host with a fake name/surname they can remove your content... an example is the Wiki "Pokémon Essentials"... Nintendo contacted "Fandom" (they give the host to all the Wikis they hosts) with a DMCA notice notifying of content that was in violation of its copyright holdings. Fandom, as a host, must takedown the Pokémon Essentials wiki (I don't know if they have to contact the webmaster or not since they are a free host)
Now I don't know really well what happens with a paid host... maybe they contact the webmaster with a DMCA (like happened with Pokémon Uranium)...
Most of the times Nintendo order to remove the downloads of the game (because it wouldn't have been in Nintendo’s financial interests to sue them because the court case would likely have cost way more than the developers of the game could afford to pay after the judge ruled Nintendo’s way).
Here is how a takedown notice looks (this is for a Zelda game):
C-rS12iXsAIugNd[1].jpg

Now... I'm not telling anyone to stop doing their fan game (I love them) or that as soon as someone add a download of their fan game online they will be hit with a DMCA (Uranium was hit becuase a LOT of people downloaded the game) but be aware of what can happen :yeahyeah:

Last edited:

unownzone

Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Ooh haha xD That's ok >-< I've contacted the groups page (and you were right it was quite easy to find haha) hope it all goes alright and they don't disapprove of my sprites (if they want to see that xD)

Aww thanks xD I'm really sorry I cannot help much with Pokémon sprites :(.. though I am starting to think to maybe give it a go again (because I feel so useless haha) and probably my first sprites will look absolutely terrible... but maybe I can learn the sprites dynamics by using pieces of the original sprites as a base to work on and from there make the sprite to the Pokémon I want it to, not sure that will turn out well but that might give me a chance to learn the sprites basics... which will probably take forever to learn but I am thinking of it.. even though I think I'm so terrible at that xD

I'm ok with using facebook, though I never post art from me there haha xD, but I do am very active on DeviantArt, I always check it several times a day to see if I get new messages plus I can use it's sta.sh function to post art without submitting it to the public and share the link where I post them so all of you have access to the sta.sh folder I post them in.
That is if you're ok with that?

Awesome! I saw that message too by the way. asd Eon/DrewDrops already replied to you right?
It won't be long until you're in the group!:hi:

You really don't have to worry about Pokemon sprites now. :yesyes:
We're all artists that are trying to get better, so with your current skills, you'll be considered very very good.
Even if you don't make any Pokemon sprites, you can keep working on our trainers.
In the meantime, we could look for other sprite artists that are better at making Pokemon.

I'll talk to them about Deviantart. Battlepyramid is a admin of our project, and he's very active on that platform too.
He's uploaded lots of "official art" for our game on the site, so you could use his gallery as a reference to make trainer sprites.
Here's his page. https://www.deviantart.com/battlepyramid

TintjeMadelintje101

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Lugia and Typhlosion
PkmnGO Team
Awesome! I saw that message too by the way. asd Eon/DrewDrops already replied to you right?
It won't be long until you're in the group!:hi:

You really don't have to worry about Pokemon sprites now. :yesyes:
We're all artists that are trying to get better, so with your current skills, you'll be considered very very good.
Even if you don't make any Pokemon sprites, you can keep working on our trainers.
In the meantime, we could look for other sprite artists that are better at making Pokemon.

I'll talk to them about Deviantart. Battlepyramid is a admin of our project, and he's very active on that platform too.
He's uploaded lots of "official art" for our game on the site, so you could use his gallery as a reference to make trainer sprites.
Here's his page. https://www.deviantart.com/battlepyramid
Ah yes they have replied back ^-^ And I have seen just now that I have been put in the groups chat so now I can talk to all the other guys out there aswell xD

Ah xD I'll try not to worry to much haha.. though I think I still will try to give it a go when I have released my Alpha demo from Luminon released >-<

Oh Battlepyramid!! I have seen a message from him the other day on my Luminon post there xD I didn't know it was him haha xD thanks for letting me know, I'll watch him right away xD and about the trainers, I'll go ahead and have a try at the trainer sprites >-<

TintjeMadelintje101

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Lugia and Typhlosion
PkmnGO Team
That works for a free hosting that don't care who you are... you can be a dog and they will give you the free hosting. This change if you buy a domain name and the hosting... here you must write your real name, surname and so on...

From Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notice_and_take_down

But even if you have a free host with a fake name/surname they can remove your content... an example is the Wiki "Pokémon Essentials"... Nintendo contacted "Fandom" (they give the host to all the Wikis they hosts) with a DMCA notice notifying of content that was in violation of its copyright holdings. Fandom, as a host, must takedown the Pokémon Essentials wiki (I don't know if they have to contact the webmaster or not since they are a free host)
Now I don't know really well what happens with a paid host... maybe they contact the webmaster with a DMCA (like happened with Pokémon Uranium)...
Most of the times Nintendo order to remove the downloads of the game (because it wouldn't have been in Nintendo’s financial interests to sue them because the court case would likely have cost way more than the developers of the game could afford to pay after the judge ruled Nintendo’s way).
Here is how a takedown notice looks (this is for a Zelda game):
View attachment 4408

Now... I'm not telling anyone to stop doing their fan game (I love them) or that as soon as someone add a download of their fan game online they will be hit with a DMCA (Uranium was hit becuase a LOT of people downloaded the game) but be aware of what can happen :yeahyeah:
That do is good to know, though if it has been downloaded atleast once by someone else well try and get the download gone everywhere xD People still have it and probably will share it until they get a note to delete the download (which probably can take a while haha)

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
That do is good to know, though if it has been downloaded atleast once by someone else well try and get the download gone everywhere xD People still have it and probably will share it until they get a note to delete the download (which probably can take a while haha)
I think that once someone has the files it will be impossibile to delete everything.... that's why some fans of Uranium created a fan site and are still working on the updates (and you can find in those fan sites the download of the game)

Last edited:

unownzone

Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Ah yes they have replied back ^-^ And I have seen just now that I have been put in the groups chat so now I can talk to all the other guys out there aswell xD

Ah xD I'll try not to worry to much haha.. though I think I still will try to give it a go when I have released my Alpha demo from Luminon released >-<

Oh Battlepyramid!! I have seen a message from him the other day on my Luminon post there xD I didn't know it was him haha xD thanks for letting me know, I'll watch him right away xD and about the trainers, I'll go ahead and have a try at the trainer sprites >-<
That's great! I'm so happy to have you in the group XD

TintjeMadelintje101

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Lugia and Typhlosion
PkmnGO Team
I think that once someone has the files it will be impossibile to delete everything.... that's why some fans of Uranium created a fan site and are still working on the updates (and you can find in those fan sites the download of the game)
Yeah that is so true xD Oh well, you can't stop essentials either, someone has made a nice replica for the website ^-^ I have found it, it was really cleverly hidden xD. But now I can finally look up some things I'm a little stuck with again haha xD

unownzone

Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Sad news.
Recently, our project director Eon/Drewdrops announced that he will be on hiatus until the end of the year for personal reasons.
I hope his situation gets better in the near future that he can take lead of the project again.
For the time being, myself and BattlePyramid will be in charge.
We will do our best to make as much progress as possible even without Eon.

Wish us luck!

unownzone

Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I haven't been posting so much on the Exelis thread in the forum recently because most of my attention was on the Exelis Facebook page.
Here's an update on what we've been doing!

First, right after we got rid of the crook that came in to steal others' Pokemon ideas, we were lucky enough to recruit @TintjeMadelintje101 into the project! She's helping out with the trainer sprites and she's already finished the male protagonist, Exel! Exel will be posted alongside Lisa, the female protagonist when both sprites are ready!

Second, the Facebook page got 900 likes after I posted the Neone region map! It looks like a new region in the familiar RSE style got a lot of people's attention!

Third, we uploaded a "Pick your starter" screenshot for Floerine, Flahare and Platybu in a new sprite reveal post!

Currently the team is working on more trainer and Pokemon sprites, new art for the badges, and the staff NPCs. Staff NPCs are like avatars that represent each Exelis team member in the game.

Stay tuned for more big updates on Project Exelis!

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I haven't been posting so much on the Exelis thread in the forum recently because most of my attention was on the Exelis Facebook page.

First, right after we got rid of the crook that came in to steal others' Pokemon ideas, we were lucky enough to recruit @TintjeMadelintje101 into the project! She's helping out with the trainer sprites and she's already finished the male protagonist, Exel! Exel will be posted alongside Lisa, the female protagonist when both sprites are ready!

Second, the Facebook page got 900 likes after I posted the Neone region map! It looks like a new region in the familiar RSE style got a lot of people's attention!

Third, we uploaded a "Pick your starter" screenshot for Floerine, Flahare and Platybu in a new sprite reveal post!

Currently the team is working on more trainer and Pokemon sprites, new art for the badges, and the staff NPCs. Staff NPCs are like avatars that represent each Exelis team member in the game.

Wow! A lot of things happened! XD

TintjeMadelintje101

Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Lugia and Typhlosion
PkmnGO Team

Glad to be a part of this!!!

Top Bottom