1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Pokemon GO Trainer Battles (PvP) coming soon

Discussion in 'Pokémon GO' started by May, Dec 4, 2018 at 2:34 PM.

1. May

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    The official Pokémon GO website confirmed that Trainer Battles (PvP) are coming to Pokémon GO.
    slide.jpg
    Beginning this month, Trainer Battles will allow you to challenge a friend or another Trainer at any time using a Battle Code. You can use a team of 3 Pokémon and both participants will receivesome rewards, including a chance at rare Evolution items.
    Battle_Action_EN[1].png Battle_Code_EN[1].png

Trainers must compete in the same Trainer Battle League which determines the CP limit for the participating Pokémon. There are 3 Leagues:
    • Great League: Max CP per Pokémon: 1500
    • Ultra League: Max CP per Pokémon: 2500
    • Master League: No Limit
    Battle_League_EN[1].png Ultra_League_EN[1].png

As with other battles in the game, this is a tap focused battle. Your selected team of Pokémon will be able to execute both their Fast Attack, Charged Attack moves, a bonus Charged Attack (using Stardust and Candy to unlock this second Charged Attack) and a Protect Shield to save your Pokémon from critical damage (they are limited).
    Protect_Shield_EN[1].png

While Trainers will usually have to be nearby in order to initiate a Trainer Battle, Ultra Friends and Best Friends can challenge each other from any distance.

Once a day you will be able to battle the Team leaders Spark, Candela and Blanche.
    You can earn rewards once per day when training with a team leader, including Stardust to help power up your Pokémon.
    Team_Leader_Battle_EN[1].png

2. unownzone

unownzone Careful, Confident, Classy Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
    PkmnGO Team:
    Sounds fun! They finally put in the PVP battles haha
    It would have been much better if they were there from the start, like a lot of other features in Pokemon GO that came in late.
    Do you think that would have made more people play longer?

I was never a fan of the tap based battles but I love that PVP is here now.
  3. May

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    I agree! It would have been great if this feature were there from the start (or 1-2 months after the release)

Well... that depend on the player :yesyes: I stopped playing for a while because I was a little tired (and didn't have balls to catch Pokémon)
    But for sure if I was Niantic I'll do the same... release something little by little so people will always have to do (well... smarthphone games are like that... they continue to do small updates so people will always have something to do)
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List

TOPSITES

Pokemon Trainer Topsite PPN Top 50

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.