What's new

Pokémon - Let's Go Mimikyu! v0.7

Snewper

Pacosh + Me Hoy Minoy: A collab in cute!
Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
3rd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Such Giratina. Much Oshawott. Very Mimikyu. Wow.
Hello, all. I apologize for the inactivity here. However, I think I have a (mostly) playable game now during my long absence, so be sure to check it out!
Link removed, please contact Snewper in a private message if you want the download link ~May

Let's Go Mimikyu, as the title implies, is a game starring you and your Mimikyu! Note that the Mimikyu is always shiny, so you can focus on getting good IVs. As a starting project, it's meant to experiment with Pokemon Essentials's capabilities, as well as serve as my "ideal" Kanto remake (i.e. the missed opportunities Game Freak didn't take).

SCREENSHOTS:
42f56fd20cb869644079d5dc66b04e34.png

f0fd4d2db2b81f77eba1b58f70a0923d.png

d752dd37d0b9193ce5fbf206f6b4ac51.png

359a2e6b4923442fc9cea0a30da3ccf0.png

b6325dfbfbf3e5437ac380353d2eb15e.png

4a0b1c1400075fcb4fb1778005d7b233.png

36f2c8191e995584be7e5942589cad30.png

6975b83fad6f8f33d4f57903e7f719b9.png

fc60501239d62c9e4b2d93433a66d7de.png

02b650f9aeca5b5bfe05ec0ffd1588b7.png

FEATURES:
Shiny Mimikyu Starter (with a Special Move not learnable anywhere else)!
Expanded "Neo Kanto" Dex (to include pre-evos and evolutions of Kanto Pokemon, plus lots of extras)!
Custom Shinies!
Post-Game Battle Frontier (Battle Tower implemented)!
New Dungeons (unlocked through story progression)!
Start with Running Shoes/Pokegear.
Custom Music Player (select a track in the Pokegear and have it play everywhere; select [Default] to return to the original game's soundtrack)!
HM items are now converted to Key Items.
New Type: Light-Type! One Gym has been converted to such accordingly with a new Gym Leader.
New Gym lineups!
Fight Team Rocket with their proper theme (remix from Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon).
Rival gets a new theme (pre-champion battles).
Featuring the Let's Go OST!
Extra Trainer choices! Introducing new player characters Jacob (M) and Alice (F)!
New Characters! Lillie, Khessi

Lillie - A travelling trainer who has come to Kanto from Alola. She specializes in Light-type Pokémon, but can adapt to other types without much trouble. Initially, you find her in Vermilion City, with a certain Pokemon she doesn't know how to take care of. Her reasons for coming to Kanto are not known, but it seems she seeks to better herself as a whole by taking on many trainers across the world to build her confidence.

Khessi - The ruthless boss of the Kanto Branch of Team Rocket. Her Pokémon are as diabolical and versatile as she is. A calculating mind, she carefully schemes to take control of Kanto in the name of Team Rocket, one systematic plot by one. Despite her cunning tendencies, it appears she's not the de-facto boss of Team Rocket, however.

New and updated evolution methods!
Kadabra -> Alakazam = Level 35
Machoke -> Machamp = Level 35
Haunter -> Gengar = Level 35
Luvdisc -> Alomomola = Level 44
Tauros -> Bouffalant = Level 44
Eevee -> Leafeon = Leaf Stone
Eevee -> Glaceon = Ice Stone
Eevee -> Sylveon = Shiny Stone
Magneton -> Magnezone = Level @ Power Plant
Nosepass -> Probopass = Level @ Power Plant
Ponyta -> Rapidflash = Fire Stone
Porygon2 -> Porygon-DX = Deluxe Disc

New Pokémon!
Flalite - Normal/Fairy, which can evolve into one or two of the following:
Rinova - Light/Fairy
Doomise - Dark/Fairy
Felinice - Ice/Elecric
Rapidflash - Fire (with Levitate)
Rinrin - Normal/Light
Porygon-DX - Normal

Type Changes to accommodate for the new type!
Flash Cannon is now Light-Type. Other moves will gradually convert to Light-type as seen fit.
Jigglypuff line = Normal/Light
Clefairy line = Fairy/Light
Chinchou line = Light/Water
Necrozma = Light (Default), Light/Steel (Solgaleo), Light/Ghost (Lunala), Light/Dragon (Ultra)

Change Necrozma's form by using "Essences" found in Kanto! There are three essences available in-game:
Solar (Dusk Mane), Lunar (Dawn Wings), and Star (Ultra).

New Difficulty Modes!
EX - Raises opponent trainers' Pokemon levels a bit to increase challenge.
DX - Same as EX, but can also add one or two random Pokemon to the trainers' team (based on base stat totals).

To-Dos:
General bug fixes.
Update Kanto Region Map (so it's not using a misaligned placeholder)
Decapitalize most of the game.
Implement water current Puzzle in the Seafoam Islands.
Fix Strength/Rock Smash item so it functions.
Implement the Battle Tourney/Rush facilities in the Battle Frontier.
Finish implementing some Pokémon details and graphics.
Change Khessi's dialogue (so it's not so similar to Giovanni's?)
Implement Pokémon Tower Ghost
Implement new overworlds for Khessi
Fix a bug in the Battle Tower where Mimikyu's Disguise doesn't return after a battle.
Update title screen/save select screen graphics.
Implement an IV Screen (?)
Implement Z-Moves (?)
Implement Shiny Mimikyu overworlds for following Pokémon (?)
Implement sprites for new items and Pokémon.
Update default graphics (?)
Fully implement mass outbreaks (akin to G4)
Multiplayer/"Custom" Battles (?)
etc.

User-Found Bugs:
Fix a bug where the game only runs in English Locale (thanks to sdw7sm for pointing this out!).

A text file containing all the credits will be included with the game's download.

HELP WANTED!
Now looking for help on this project and (possibly) future projects! Currently looking for the following:
Spriter - For custom and graphical improvements to Let's Go Mimikyu.
Music/Audio - For custom tracks and remixes for certain songs.
Scripter - Assist in ironing out bugs within the game as well as introducing new features. I can do a little bit of this (if given something to work with), but I don't know everything.
You are by no means obligated to help on all my projects if you sign on. Just make sure you're active with the current project!
Feel free to shoot me a message if you want to contribute! You will be added to the credits and have priority option for getting featured in-game! Which brings me to my next point...

GET FEATURED!
Curious how you can get a cameo appearance in the game? If you provide your trainer (as a sprite, with overworlds in GBA-style and in-battle in DS-style), you can contribute them to be added to the roster of post-game trainers to fight in the Saffron City Pokémon Fan Club! Space is limited to 9 other trainers at the moment. Be sure to include your desired team with your trainer sprites (outside Neo Kanto Dex is okay). Limit one, UNIQUE optional legendary to your team (No Mega Rayquaza or Ultra Beasts; consult the list below for claimed Legendaries). Custom Battle themes are okay; will be converted to OGG if not already for consistency.

List of claimed Legendaries:
Groudon - Snooper16
Articuno - In-Game
Zapdos - In-Game
Moltres - In-Game
Mewtwo - In-Game
Mew - Event
Volcanion - In-Game
Heatran - Reserved (?)
Giratina - In-Game
Cosmog - In-Game
Cosmoem - In-Game
Solgaleo - In-Game
Lunala - In-Game
Necrozma - In-Game
Marshadow - In-Game
Zeraora - Reserved (?)

CURRENT EVENTS!
A Shiny Meltan event is now available! End Date is currently undetermined. Pick it up after unlocking Mystery Gift.
1. Go to the Pokemart in Viridian City (you can do this while delivering the parcel at the start of the game), and fill out the application on the counter.
2. Save your game, once the prompt saying you unlocked Mystery Gift disappears.
3. Go to Mystery Gift on the File Select menu.
4. Congratulations! You now have your own Shiny Meltan to raise alongside your other Pokémon!

UPDATES
v0.5 - Initial Release

v0.6 - Added Metadata for Pokedex Nests (will need to be redone with a new region map once we have it).
Defined missing Trainers near Seafoam Islands.
Implemented the Lift Key event.
Decapitalized and corrected map names.
Added Trainers to Waterwell Springs.
Corrected Mystery Gift URL. Should be working now.
Deleted unnecessary files within the game's root folder.

v0.7
Updated in-game trades in compliance with the Neo Kanto Dex.
Fixed a warp error in the Celadon Mansion's rooftop.
Removed a test warp in the League's PokeCenter.
Corrected Fab Mail to Flame Mail (as Fab Mail doesn't exist).
Corrected a bug in the Magikarp Salesman event in Route 4's PokeCenter where he doesn't give Magikarp even after paying.
Corrected an error with the entry event in Pewter Museum.

Last edited:

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
Download here: Pokémon - Let's Go Mimikyu!
Sorry but it's better to not post any direct download (google drive, mega, etc..) here... you can link to your website page (or your deviantart page) that has the download page
(If you have a website for your fangame (or a DA page) we can affiliate each other! :dance: :happydance:)
We talked about this a lot here https://pokemon-trainer.com/threads/pokemon-exelis.2639/page-3#post-16389

Our forum rules:
Don't ask for or link any illegal files because we don't host them and will not host them. Examples and short samples are fine, while files that replace a piece of work in their entirety are not.

I really like the idea of giving Mimikyu some love :hug:and the game seems really well made! Is the game nearly complete or you only have 2-3 cities complete?

Snewper

Pacosh + Me Hoy Minoy: A collab in cute!
Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
3rd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Such Giratina. Much Oshawott. Very Mimikyu. Wow.
Sorry but it's better to not post any direct download (google drive, mega, etc..) here... you can link to your website page (or your deviantart page) that has the download page
(If you have a website for your fangame (or a DA page) we can affiliate each other! :dance: :happydance:)
We talked about this a lot here https://pokemon-trainer.com/threads/pokemon-exelis.2639/page-3#post-16389

Our forum rules:

I really like the idea of giving Mimikyu some love :hug:and the game seems really well made! Is the game nearly complete or you only have 2-3 cities complete?

Oops! My mistake! ^^;
It's a complete game, just has bugs that need ironing out and some cleanup.

Top Bottom