Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Smeargle's Gallery' started by TintjeMadelintje101, Oct 18, 2016.
Ah no probs that's alright ^-^
SO I wanted to update you guys on the progress lately (I will update the thread a little later when I actually have something worthwhile to actually show.
I have been working more on the game for the new Alpha Demo (yeay) I want to add a few more towns and also want the player to be able to go to the 3e gym, I have some plans with the choices (please if any of you still want a cameo, keep a watch out for another special event I will be hosting once I have decided about what xD, like the route 3 one but then something really different I think, to have a chance in winning a cameo again) and 'villains' that I think I will slowly introduce more after Duskto City xD
Well that is it for now
Update Time!! Yeay!!
So first off, sorry for the long inactivity on this thread... life has become really busy lately and while I did work on the game.. it was mostly nothing worthwhile to show you guys.. BUT NOW I do... I have added a screenshot of none other then!!!
You can see it in the 'Screenshots' section below 'Cities' (it has the date of today added for easier find ^-^'
Well that sadly is it for now, maybe this week or next week I'll show you the screenshot from Route 2 !! Which is still not fully finished yet haha xD
Update time - Again... SO SOON??
Another update, this one is a slight one, I have changed the intro sprite of Aya and Yori whoow.
you can find them including the sprite of Professor Rito in the spoiler tab 'Trainer sprites' below 'Intro sprites'
That's it, Update out!
Those new sprites look really nice! Great job!
Thnx ^-^ Glad you like em >-< I'm not so skilled yet with those big sprites xD haha
So after finally having time to make some fuse sprites again because I had a few days off from work, I have finished the Picper evolution line you can find them in the spoiler tab 'Pokedex' under the names
#54 Picper (I noticed when I announced I had added Picper I appearently forgot to add it.. so it is now added haha xD)
Hope you'll like em ^-^ It took me quite a feat to finish them... I do have made a YT video where you can see all 3 of em made (I will add the link here when it has uploaded )
Well that was it for now,
Update out xD
Picper and it's final evolution are really cool!
Thnx I'm glad you like em ^-^ (especially since your special event with Yu on route 3 xD)
XD I know XDD
Oh yeah!! I forgot to mention that in the previous post xD.. but I'm planning a new special event, it's going to be in the regions capital city Alsvo City so I'm going to do something again (and I already had planned what... I'm going to program it in the new demo (v1.2) because it's going to be something like a hunt with hints (Something like an easter egg hunt... but different I'll explain the event in detail when I have created it)
Hello everyone, this is a different kind of update time!!
So for the past few months I have not updated the game as much as I wanted due to my job, I got rid of some bugs which you can find in the thread 'Bug Fest' and also I have created some new while programming in the new areas you can travel with (which I'm still working on).
When I was doing that, some things have struck me... I was not really happy with how the beginning went... so I have changed a few things in the beginning of the game, and I have renewed and deleted some of the variables that some events were working on.
And then I realised, many of you who have downloaded the game and are going to download this one... are probably going to put their save game into this one... and then some issues will happen due to the changes and definitely some bugs are going to happen due to that.
I just wish I knew how to prevent a save game being transferred to a specific update of the game.. but I don't know, so I cannot kindof force you guys to play the game from the start. I just have to hope that you guys will after reading this part.
Disclaimer: I will not put full details of the events, just that it's 'an' event or if necessary I mention it's a 'choice event' but because you guys have played it you know this game is choiced based so I can atleast say a new choice event is coded but not tell when it will happen exactly not to spoil it to much for you guys.
if you really want to know when it will happen exactly I put those things in the spoiler tab only for you guys that don't care about spoilers of the game (please don't quote anything in the spoiler tabs in the comments or as replies to this one to avoid spoiling things for those who don't want to know)
So I wanted to give you guys the things I have changed and am going to change in the game especially in the beginning...:
Number 1 thing that changed is the Rivals:
- I have changed the place where a certain event will occur, it depends now on where it is for male or female, for the female, not much changes except for the new choice event, for the male, it has changed allot!
The place it is going to happen for the female is the same, it happens in Raven's room before the party there is a new choice based event coded.
Ffor the males! it has changed, it will happen in Shana's room, where also a choice based event will happen, when eventually you go to the Grey's house for the Party.
- There is also going to be more impact on how your rivals are going to act around you when choosing certain choice options aswell as certain trainers and NPC's are going to act around you from your choices, this will be different from whether you're a male of female. I won't go into much detail on the changes but there has been some changes.
- The biggest difference is how male and female act around each other, like in the normal world, as a female myself I greet a male friend a little bit different then you would to a female friend... and I know from my husband he has the same, he greets male friends a little bit different then the female friends. It's nothing to big but it is something we do unconsciously. So I wanted to give that sense of familiarity to the ones playing their males or females ^-^
- The changes around your choices are also going to be more significant, if you choose something that could be bad, you will be seen as more 'bad' in a way by the world around you, people start to distrust you or start to feel hurt by what you reply back to them. And the same goes for your other choice options you have, the world around you will be more reacting to what choices you have made.
Number 2 thing that changed are the variables the events run on:
- I have noticed that some bugs appeared while testing the game because certain variables were not running correctly for some reason while they actually should... so I decided to delete some variables and add some new ones (for simplicity) so that the events will work correctly.
---I have done that with the newly added event, it didn't run well on the previous variables because those were also in use with another event, it didn't go to well. So that one has completely new variables to run on, while in the previous version those variables are there, in the new one they don't... soooo... to those that persist on putting your save game to this one... this one will cause some issues when returning to that place or at that place at the time. Issues that might happen are, game freezes, game code error might pop up or plain nothing and the whole thing is broken
Number 3 thing are the newly added maps!!! and their events:
-- So because in the new update I plan to add your journey towards the 3e gym, meaning some events will have consequences for the future... I think I won't be changing any old variables after this version so after this one you can safely transfer your save game again ^-^ so you guys will have a whole new place to explore and new Pokémon to capture !!!
Ok haha now the Number 4 thing that has changed as well are the inside tiles!!!:
- Finally after much dedication I have managed to change all the insides of houses and all such things to the new tileset!!! I find this one amazingly awesome and don't plan to change anything... maybe only add some stuff xD but not change the whole set again xD.
And number 5:
- I have changed some layouts of cities and villages, ect, so they look a little different now then what they did before xD... unless I forgot when I actually did this, it might be in the newest version available now.. not sure.. I don't think so honestly xD
There are also going to be more things going to happen in the new travel-able areas that I'm working on now
So that was all the new information regarding all the things I've been working on these past months.. I have not been able to sprite much so I probably am going to use the 'original' B&W trainer sprites a bit more until I have been able to properly sprite them xD, I have been able to make a few fusion sprites, not allot but most of the ones I'm using are already in the game so that's alright xD
Hope this was a bit helpful for you guys, and I hope you're still liking it and wanting to play the new demo ^-^
P.s. the new Alpha Demo v1.2 is not out yet.. hopefully it will soon ^-^
Me signing out.
Wow! This is a big update!!
The new version is now available or we have to wait?
(I haven't played a lot so starting a new save file is fine for me )
Not yet, but I do hope to have Alpha Demo v1.2 out soon, I want it released as soon as I can but due to work progress is kindof slow ;-;
(Aww, glad it's not a huge issue ;-; I still feel bad for those people who have to download it and have almost finished it and need to start anew ;-; )
Thanks, I'll wait the new alpha demo
Just putting this in here.. something I have worked on for a while... not sure if I should do this to the full dex (and they will sadly be only the front view... took me to long to do this one to make a back animation xD)
Aka Flaradon the Bug/Dragon Pokémon
Wow! This one is really awesome!!
Really!? It is a bit wonky in certain parts of the animation though ^^;
I don't see that XD (maybe because I never made an animated sprite XD)
Then it's alright xDxD (it is in the wing animation... that was a hard one to make )