What's new

Pokémon Red, Blue (and Green in Japan) and Yellow to be released on 3DS Virtual Console

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
During today's Nintendo Direct, it has been announced that Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow (plus Green, but only in Japan) will be released in Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console in North America, Japan, and Europe on February 27, 2016.
virtual-console-red-blue-yellow-169-en.jpg

The games will use Nintendo 3DS wireless communication to allow battles and trade over the local wireless connection.
pkmnrbgy.png CTpTGC6UkAEJDO6[1].jpg
Japan will receive a special bundle with a download code, magnet of the cartridge, a manual and a map for 1.389 yen.

The games will be released on the 20th anniversary of their Japanese release.
Classic Pokémon Games Return on Virtual Console!
Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow come to the Nintendo 3DS!
006.jpg
Next year, return to where Pokémon began with three classic games! On February 27, 2016, Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow will be relaunched on the Virtual Console for systems in the Nintendo 3DS family. The games remain true to the originals—complete with monochromatic pixel art and 4-bit background music—so you can feel as though you’re experiencing these games just as they were back then! If you've never played them before, you can join the millions of people around the world who have enjoyed these classic original Pokémon games.

After Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green, which launched in Japan, Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue launched in North America in 1998 with slightly updated graphics. In 1999, Pokémon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition launched, featuring your partner, Pikachu, which followed you wherever you went. It also used Pikachu's distinctive cry from the Pokémon animated series.

009.jpg
Perhaps one of the greatest aspects of the Pokémon video game series is the use of communication features to trade and battle with your fellow players. To allow you to enjoy that unchanging part of Pokémon gameplay, when these titles appear on the Virtual Console, they will be compatible with wireless communication for the first time ever. In the days of the Game Boy, players had to use a Link Cable to connect with friends, but these games will use the Nintendo 3DS system’s wireless capabilities to allow you to trade and battle Pokémon in just the same way.

Look forward to more information on Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow on Virtual Console as we approach their launch on February 27, 2016!
Source: official website

Last edited:

Shinso Vampire Nagato

First Ancestor
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
3rd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Gardevoir & Meloetta
PkmnGO Team
I kind of like this but at the same time I somewhat don't care about it since I have a working SP and Blue cartridge. But it is cool that they included the trading and battles and make it with infrared probably.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I kind of like this but at the same time I somewhat don't care about it since I have a working SP and Blue cartridge. But it is cool that they included the trading and battles and make it with infrared probably.
Same for me :yesyes:
I'm happy that they announced those games for the 3DS but I hope they will sell them for... I don't know, maybe 5 euro? I bought both Red and Blue some years ago for 2 euro... XD
I still have my Red, Blue and Yellow (plus a double Red in english)

I hope there will be all the bugs we know and love XD (Missingno!!)

Shinso Vampire Nagato

First Ancestor
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
3rd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Gardevoir & Meloetta
PkmnGO Team
I'm happy that they announced those games for the 3DS but I hope they will sell them for... I don't know, maybe 5 euro? I bought both Red and Blue some years ago for 2 euro... XD
I still have my Red, Blue and Yellow (plus a double Red in english)

I hope there will be all the bugs we know and love XD (Missingno!!)
Nice when I got mine I got it used along with Gold & Silver, now I only have Gold sadly, I very stupidly gave Silver away...

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Nice when I got mine I got it used along with Gold & Silver, now I only have Gold sadly, I very stupidly gave Silver away...
Red (english) was brand new :yesyes: (Red and Blue I bought some years ago were used :yesyes:)

Shiny_Pikachu

Electric Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Froslass
PkmnGO Team
I can't wait, I'm super excited to play Yellow again.

MrPigsworth

the kid from 2015 that never grew up
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
3rd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Tepig
OMG, you're joking! No flipping way!!!!!!!!! I always wanted to play these games!!! :D :D :D

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
OMG, you're joking! No flipping way!!!!!!!!! I always wanted to play these games!!! :D :D :D
Yes, it's only a joke :coffee: you will wake up and discover that you lost all your Pokémon games! :LOL: :lol:
I played all them (I have Blue but I haven't played it yet... :suspect:)

Shiny_Pikachu

Electric Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Froslass
PkmnGO Team
I wonder if Nintendo will eventually make physical copies of this.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I wonder if Nintendo will eventually make physical copies of this.
I don't think since those game were released physically years ago and this re-release is for those who want to play the games again on 3DS and for the ones that haven't played them at the time :yesyes:

Superqami

Magnemite, go!
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
3rd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Greninja
PkmnGO Team
I think it is confirmed that the bugs will be removed

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
I think it is confirmed that the bugs will be removed
I hope no... I loved the Missingno bug... and all the things you need to do to catch Mew :cry:

Nintendomi

Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Mmm... No, there isn't!
Woooh, I'm very happy for this news, and very excited!! I think that I must buy at least 2! u.u

I'm happy that they announced those games for the 3DS but I hope they will sell them for... I don't know, maybe 5 euro?

...the price was announced some sites wrote that it will be 10 €, but... maybe because the bundle is 1.389 yen (~10€) in japanasd

I bought both Red and Blue some years ago for 2 euro...

:eek: Wow, I thought that their price was high now... On ebay, the lowest price is 10 € for only one!!

Last edited:

MrPigsworth

the kid from 2015 that never grew up
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
3rd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Tepig
Please let Mew be obtainable! And plz get rid of all other glitches!! I don't wanna have to see Missingno. ever again.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Woooh, I'm very happy for this news, and very excited!! I think that I must buy at least 2! u.u
...the price was announced some sites wrote that it will be 10 €, but... maybe because the bundle is 1.389 yen (~10€) in japanasd
I think the European price will be 9,99 euro... but we have to wait for the official price :yesyes:
:eek: Wow, I thought that their price was high now... On ebay, the lowest prise is 10 € for only one!!
Yes... but I think that some GameStops have it for that price :yesyes: (they have things that are valuable but sell them for nothing... for example Typing DS cost around 20 or more and I found it (new) for 5 euro...)

Please let Mew be obtainable! And plz get rid of all other glitches!! I don't wanna have to see Missingno. ever again.
I think that all the glitches will be available since it's only a re-release. The only different thing will be the link cable that will use the 3DS wireless :yesyes:

x0m36h4

Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
2nd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Sylveon
Super excited for buying and playin Pokemon Blue again, maybe I will ask my friend to play gen one pokemon games to complete the pokedex XD

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Super excited for buying and playin Pokemon Blue again, maybe I will ask my friend to play gen one pokemon games to complete the pokedex XD
This time it will be easier to finish the dex XDDD

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
The first trailer is available! They show us what we already know about the game asd but it's epic :yesyes:

Nintendomi

Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Mmm... No, there isn't!
Porca paletta l'indecisione!! You remembered me that I must choose o.o and I don't know which one to choose >.< ... Red and Blue are the very first games! so I'd like to buy one of them... but Yellow is colored :O ...and Lt. Surge, Brock and the others Gym Leaders are weak in Yellow... I can't choose it :uhm: but it's coloreeeed :sbav: ...help me:cry:

This is really the hardest choice asd

CbkiG7wUEAAD-mS.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom