1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Pokémon Sword and Shield: new Gigantamax Pokémon revealed

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield' started by May, Oct 16, 2019.

Share This Page

1. May

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    A new trailer for Pokémon Sword and Shield has just been released on the Pokémon YouTube Channel. The trailer features a look at some new Gigantamax Pokémon.
    The games will launch worldwide for Nintendo Switch on November 15.
    slide.jpg

GIGANTAMAX PIKACHU
    If you have play records from Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu on your Nintendo Switch system, you’ll be able to receive a special Pikachu that can Gigantamax in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield.
    This special Pikachu cannot evolve.
    pokemon_galar_gpikachu[1].png pokemon_gpikachu_2x[1].png 10_16_gpikachu_2[1].jpg
    Type: Electric
    Ability: Static
    Height: 68'11"+
    Weight: ????.? lbs.

Electric-type attacks used by Gigantamax Pikachu will change to G-Max Volt Crash. G-Max Volt Crash deals damage and paralyses all opponents

10_16_gpikachu_1[1].jpg 10_16_gpikachu_4[1].jpg 10_16_gpikachu_5[1].jpg 10_16_gpikachu_6[1].jpg
    GIGANTAMAX EEVEE
    If you have play records from Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee on your Nintendo Switch system, you’ll be able to receive a special Eevee that can Gigantamax in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield.
    This special Eevee cannot evolve.
    pokemon_galar_geevee[1].png pokemon_geevee_2x[1].png 10_16_geevee_2[1].jpg
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Run Away / Adaptability
    Height: 59'1"+

Normal-type attacks used by Gigantamax Eevee will change to G-Max Cuddle. G-Max Cuddle doesn’t only deal damage when it hits—any opponent that is the opposite gender of Eevee will become infatuated.

10_16_geevee_1[1].jpg 10_16_geevee_4[1].jpg 10_16_geevee_5[1].jpg 10_16_geevee_6[1].jpg
    Note: You’ll be able to receive the special Pikachu or Eevee at the Wild Area Station in the game. (You can reach this area after about two hours of gameplay, though individual gameplay time may vary.)

GIGANTAMAX MEOWTH
    This special Meowth that can Gigantamax can be received as an early-purchase bonus for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield by selecting the Get via Internet option in Mystery Gift from Friday, 15 November 2019, to Wednesday, 15 January 2020.
    This special Meowth cannot evolve.
    Note: A Nintendo Switch Online membership (paid) is not required to receive the special Meowth.
    pokemon_galar_gmeowth[1].png pokemon_gmeowth_2x[1].png 10_16_gmeowth_2[1].jpg
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Pickup/Technician
    Height: 108'3"+

Normal-type attacks used by Gigantamax Meowth will change to G-Max Gold Rush. G-Max Gold Rush deals damage to opponents. It will also scatter coins all over the area, giving you a considerable in-game cash bonus after the battle. G-Max Gold Rush will also confuse your opponents.

10_16_gmeowth_1[1].jpg 10_16_gmeowth_4[1].jpg 10_16_gmeowth_5[1].jpg 10_16_gmeowth_6[1].jpg 10_16_gmeowth_7[1].jpg

GIGANTAMAX BUTTERFREE
    pokemon_galar_gbutterfree[1].png pokemon_gbutterfree_2x[1].png 10_16_gbutterfree_2[1].jpg

Type: Bug/Flying
    Ability: Compound Eyes
    Height: 55'9"+

Bug-type attacks used by Gigantamax Butterfree will change to G-Max Befuddle. G-Max Befuddle doesn’t only deal damage—it will also scatter scales around opponents and cause them to become poisoned, become paralysed, or fall asleep!

10_16_gbutterfree_1[1].jpg 10_16_gbutterfree_4[1].jpg 10_16_gbutterfree_5[1].jpg 10_16_gbutterfree_6[1].jpg
    GIGANTAMAX CHARIZARD
    pokemon_galar_gcharizard[1].png pokemon_gcharizard_2x[1].png 10_16_gcharizard_1[1].jpg
    Type: Fire/Flying
    Ability: Blaze
    Height: 91'10"+

Fire-type attacks used by Gigantamax Charizard will change to G-Max Wildfire. G-Max Wildfire deal damage to an opponent when it hits and it will continue to deal damage for four turns to any Pokémon that isn’t Fire type.

10_16_gcharizard_2[1].jpg 10_16_gcharizard_4[1].jpg 10_16_gcharizard_5[1].jpg 10_16_gcharizard_6[1].jpg
  2. Shinso Vampire Nagato

Shinso Vampire Nagato First Ancestor Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    Wow those leaks from months ago were on the nose about Pikachu and Meowth! I can't wait to see Gigantamax Lapras!

At the same time the only one of this batch I actually like is Butterfree, the other designs especially Meowth and Charizard look horrible in my opinion.
  3. May

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    I like Mega Charizard X much more than its Gigantamax version... Pikachu is cute but I don't like its tail (Eevee didn't change) and Butterfree... its cute

With this we got 5 more Kanto forms... can we stop with Kanto please? :facepalm: Can other generations gets something new? When will the gen 2 starters get some love? (Sinnoh starters maybe will get a new form next year with the remake)
  4. Shinso Vampire Nagato

Shinso Vampire Nagato First Ancestor Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    So far it's Gen 1 & 8 Pokemon. I'm really hoping the rumors are true about Tyranitar and Hydreigon getting Godzilla & King Ghidorah base Gigantamax
  5. May

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    I would be happy for Hydreigon :yesyes2: :sisi2: (we got a Mega Tyranitar so I'm fine if it don't get anything)
    (I'm still waiting to see Metagross and Salamence :cry3::cry3::cry3: )