Penguin's Crown
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SwSh Expansion Pass Pokémon Sword & Shield: The Isle of Armor launches October 22, 2020

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield' started by May, Sep 29, 2020.

Share This Page

1. Online

May Demon Buster Trainee Staff Member Admin Pokémon Trainer Wiki Contributor

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    The Pokémon Company have announced that the Pokémon Sword & Shield Expansion Pass Part 2: The Crown Tundra launches on October 22, 2020.
    slide.jpg

New Galarian Form
    pokemon_slowking_2x[1].png Galarian Slowking: Poison/Psychic-type with a new ability: Curious Medicine (When a Pokémon with this Ability enters the battlefield, allies’ stat changes are reset)
    It can learn the new move Eerie Spell, a Psychic-type special move in which the Pokémon attacks with tremendous psychic power. If hit, the opponent take damage and also loses 3 PP from the move it last used.

Galarian Star Tournament

Once you progress far enough in your adventure in The Crown Tundra, you’ll be able to participate in the Galarian Star Tournament, held in the city of Wyndon. In this tournament you’ll be able to pick a partner from among the many Trainers you’ve met throughout your adventures in Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield—as well as the Expansion Pass—and team up for a Multi Battle tournament.
    9_29_p10_01[1].jpg 9_29_p10_03[1].jpg 9_29_p10_04[1].jpg 9_29_p10_05[1].jpg

New items: Ability Patch
    If you use one Ability Patch on a Pokémon, its Ability will change to its species’ Hidden Ability (if it has one).

Pokémon GO connectivity with Pokémon HOME
    Connectivity between Pokémon HOME and Pokémon GO is planned to be up and running by the end of the year.
    There are some special Pokémon that cannot be sent to Pokémon HOME from Pokémon GO.
    Be aware that Pokémon transferred to Pokémon HOME from Pokémon GO cannot be returned to Pokémon GO.
    megaturtle_go-home-orion_en_2x[1].png

New Gigantamax Pokémon

pokemon_gmelmetal_2x[1].png Gigantamax Melmetal
    Type: steel
    G-Max move: G-Max Meltdown
    G-Max Meltdown is a superpowerful move that slams opponents with shock waves and swirling liquid metal. This move doesn’t only deal damage to opponents—it also prevents them from using the same move consecutively.
    9_29_p19_01[1].jpg 9_29_p19_02[1].jpg 9_29_p20_01[1].jpg 9_29_p20_02[1].jpg 9_29_p20_03[1].jpg 9_29_p20_04[1].jpg
    To get this special Melmetal you have to send a Pokémon to Pokémon HOME from Pokémon GO, you’ll receive the Mythical Pokémon Melmetal as a Mystery Gift in Pokémon HOME (mobile version).

Note: you cannot feed Melmetal the Max Soup from The Isle of Armor

As an additional benefit, if you send a Pokémon to Pokémon HOME from Pokémon GO, you’ll be able to open the Mystery Box in Pokémon GO. Doing so will make the Mythical Pokémon Meltan appear on the map for a limited time.

Attached Files:

2. Offline

Shinso Vampire Nagato First Ancestor Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    Definitely happy we'll finally be able to get G-Max Melmetal, sucks it'll require using Pokemon Go, but hopefully it'll be quick and easy.

I go no idea how the whole Meltan Box works but hopefully I can catch one and send it to Shield for collection.
  3. Online

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    And there will be a stamina/cooldown before you can transfer again :facepalm: and this cooldown can be shortened by paying PokéCoins :facepalm:
    (I don't have a lot of things to transfer but I hope the cooldown will be a day or so because I don't want to wait a week to transfer 1-2 Pokémon)

In Pokémon GO will appear in your bag the Mystery Box, when you use it you will find Meltan (always in GO)
    In Let's Go you have to transfer a Pokémon from GO to Let' Go and with this the Mystyer Box will activate in GO (once every 3 days if I remember well)
  4. Offline

Shinso Vampire Nagato First Ancestor Staff Member Section Mod Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    3rd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Gardevoir & Meloetta
    PkmnGO Team:
    I saw that on Twitter, people were freaking out because originally they thought it was Coins in order to transfer over. Definitely glad that isn't the case.

Alright I'm typically locked in my house, hopefully Meltan will appear close enough to catch it... Hopefully I'll have PokeBalls, don't remember if I did last time I played.
  5. Online

Generation Started:
    1st Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Pikachu and Rayquaza
    PkmnGO Team:
    I was too :yesyes:

Meltan will always spawn near your in game character so you don't have to worry about finding it :dance: :happydance:
  6. Offline

Ethan Back from the dead, baby! Pokémon Trainer

Generation Started:
    2nd Generation
    Favorite Pokémon:
    Sudowoodo
    PkmnGO Team:
    Super hyped about this one. I know for a fact it will be my favorite of the two, as it appears to be more lore focused. :yesyes: