Leader of the Blueberry Army
Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
2nd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Infernape and Salamance
PkmnGO Team
Unlike most people, upon hearing the news of a main series Pokemon game for the Switch, my excitement for the upcoming games died. I would be fine if they put a side game on the Switch but at this point, I really don't want a main game for multiple reasons.

Firstly, the complete lack of numbers. I have a friend, let's call him Cheezus. Cheezus wants the Switch, and because Cheezus did not preorder the Switch, he has waited almost 4 months unable to get one. There is a serious lack if Nintendo Switch Consoles, and as someone still using a wii U and a First Gen 3ds, I can't afford, or find a Switch.

Secondly, while a minor thing, it still bothers me. We have to go back to using one screen instead of two. This is one of the most underrated things in Pokemon Series and I don't think people really understand how awesome it is. Let's take me, for example. I am Lazy. I hate having to press a button to view a map or use online features when I can just use these with a glance, or a tap. Again, its minor, but still.

Thirdly, the fact that, honestly, the Switch is not mobile. I fly, and travel, alot. I go to Hong-Kong quite often, and it's a 14-16 hour plane ride. A Switch, with one battery pack, could last 2 hours, while my 3ds, at max brightness, lasts more than 4 times that, before dying, where I can sleep for the rest of the ride. If you have a 3ds you could take it on a road trip, but the Switch couldn't last a Plane trip from Washington to Texas. (Around 4 hours)

There are a few more reasons I want to go over, but it is 3 in the morning and I need sleep, so goodnight good people of the internet, and remember the difference between their they're and there!

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
Firstly, the complete lack of numbers. I have a friend, let's call him Cheezus. Cheezus wants the Switch, and because Cheezus did not preorder the Switch, he has waited almost 4 months unable to get one. There is a serious lack if Nintendo Switch Consoles, and as someone still using a wii U and a First Gen 3ds, I can't afford, or find a Switch.
First of all, let's say that the game won't be out before the end of 2018 (or more because they just started the development...) so that said I don't think finding a Switch will be that difficult. In over 1 year they will deliver more console so it will be easier to find one :yesyes2: :sisi2: and slowly they will start selling bundles (console + game) so it will be easier to find one.
It it's a problem of money I can understand that... but in over 1 year I think there will be some a good sale...

Secondly, while a minor thing, it still bothers me. We have to go back to using one screen instead of two. This is one of the most underrated things in Pokemon Series and I don't think people really understand how awesome it is. Let's take me, for example. I am Lazy. I hate having to press a button to view a map or use online features when I can just use these with a glance, or a tap. Again, its minor, but still.
Eh well... I don't see that as a problem... I played a lot of RPGs and many of them don't use a second screen... for sure it's quick to select the move but they can do something new...
Persona 5 for example is really well made (it use only 1 screen since it' on PS4), like you see in the image below, you choose what to do really quickly with the button so Pokémon can use the 4 buttons (A,B,X;Y to choose the Pokémon move and something like a special command up+A to select an item/bag and so on) but sincerly, we we use the buttons below it's quick anyway:
Attack (with another screen with the move to use), Pokémon (to change it), Bag and Run....
maxresdefault.jpg

Thirdly, the fact that, honestly, the Switch is not mobile. I fly, and travel, alot. I go to Hong-Kong quite often, and it's a 14-16 hour plane ride. A Switch, with one battery pack, could last 2 hours, while my 3ds, at max brightness, lasts more than 4 times that, before dying, where I can sleep for the rest of the ride. If you have a 3ds you could take it on a road trip, but the Switch couldn't last a Plane trip from Washington to Texas. (Around 4 hours)
That's why I used 2 consoles to ride the plane asd when one dies there's the other one asd

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Update: Got a switch
asd so now you want a main series?
You bought it on a sale or at full price? A bundle with a game or you will buy a game later?
When we bought our Switch it was on sale (around 322 euro or a little less) with Splatoon 2

Fulure

Leader of the Blueberry Army
Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
2nd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Infernape and Salamance
PkmnGO Team
asd so now you want a main series?
You bought it on a sale or at full price? A bundle with a game or you will buy a game later?
When we bought our Switch it was on sale (around 322 euro or a little less) with Splatoon 2
It was actually a gift from my uncle, he also gave me Botw and Deluxe 8 along with the wheel things.
Honestly I think a main series game would work if we got more battery.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
PkmnGO Team
Honestly I think a main series game would work if we got more battery.
It's a "home" console XD it's a miracle that we can use it like we want (tv mode, tablet mode and so on)

SkwovetSquire

Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
4th Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Skwovet
PkmnGO Team
Well this post has certainly aged well lol

SkwovetSquire

Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
4th Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Skwovet
PkmnGO Team
Anyways, long time no see! Erm.. Two years to be exact.

Last edited:
Top Bottom