What's new

Weekly Pkmn Discussion Weekly Pokémon Discussion #4: Shuckle (213)

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
Since we are a Pokémon community, I thought of opening a weekly thread to talk about a Pokémon. We can talk about the competitive, of what we like about that Pokémon (or not), if we ever used it in the games (so we can share our experiences with that particular Pokémon: it helped in some way during your battling or not) or to simply share knowledge about that particular Pokémon.

This week's Pokémon is Shuckle!
213.gif

Type: Bug/Rock
Base stats: 20 HP | 10 Atk | 230 Def | 10 Sp. Atk | 230 Sp. Def | 5 Spe
Ability: Gluttony, Sturdy | Contrary (HA)​

Shuckle was introduced in Gen 2 and since then his attack was... bad. He really don't like to attack and is really slow but it's bulky (well, remember that he has 20 HP!) and with XY he got some interesting moves.

Moves:

- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Infestation/Toxic/Knock Off
Item: Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Bold (+Def - Atk)
EVs: 252 HP | 252 Def | 4 Sp. Def

The first thing you will do with Shuckle is to set the Sticky Web to lowers the foes' Speed by one stage as they switch in. After that Stealth Rock will do damage to the Flying-types that will enter. Encore will force the target to repeat the last move it used for three turns so with this you can switch your Pokémon and have time to attack. Or you can choose to let Shuckle stay and use some damaging moves like Infestation (and trap the opponent for 4-5 turns) or you can choose Toxic to poison your enemy and see him suffer every turn (you are really evil with this move XD).

I used Shuckle only in Silver when a boy give it to you since he was scared of Team Rocket (and later he gift you if he has a really high happiness) and he was a great ally but I never used him in the next generations... why? Because I found Pokémon that I like more than him XD

Oh! Did you know that Shuckle has the highest base Defence and Special Defense stat but at the same time has the lowest base Attack and Special Attack of all Bug-type Pokémon?
But if you use Power Trick (a move that switches the user's Attack stat with its Defense stat) Shuckle will temporarily reach a base Attack stat of 230, which would be the highest of all Pokémon.
Last thing, in Gen 2 after golding a Berry for long enought, Shuckle can turn it into a Berry Juice and after that into a Rare Candy!

And now, let's share our experiences with that particular Pokémon in our games, cool fan artworks (with the source) or anything else!
Read the previous Weekly Pokémon Discussions

Suffering from Severe Depression
Pokémon Trainer
here comes shuckle, he doesn't chuckle, he'd rather flex his muscles.

Shuckle 3 and Shuckles

Top Bottom