What's new

Weekly Pkmn Discussion Weekly Pokémon Discussion #5: Delibird (225)

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
Since we are a Pokémon community, I thought of opening a weekly thread to talk about a Pokémon. We can talk about the competitive, of what we like about that Pokémon (or not), if we ever used it in the games (so we can share our experiences with that particular Pokémon: it helped in some way during your battling or not) or to simply share knowledge about that particular Pokémon.

This week's Pokémon is Delibird!
225.gif

Type: Flying/Ice
Base stats: 45 HP | 55 Atk | 45 Def | 65 Sp. Atk | 45 Sp. Def | 75 Spe
Ability: Vital Spirit or Hustle | Insomnia (HA)​

It's Christmas time and someone cheated to have Delibird for this weekly talk XDD who cheated? I don't know XD but for sure Delibird will give us some gifts! :dance: :happydance:
So the perfect moveset for this Delibird is:
Moves:
- Present
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Insomnia
Nature: the one you like the most
EVs: 252 Def | 252 Spe | 4 where you like
So... for this to work you need to survive at least one attack. One attack and Delibird can give its Christmas gift to the opponent! roftl And with the Insomnia ability, he can stay awake all day to deliver all those gifts! :uhm: So you can rest assured that your gift will be delivered for Christmas! :uhm: Thank you delibird for your hard work! roftl

Joke aside, here's the real moveset XD
Moves:
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Icy Wind/Freeze-Dry
- Destiny Bond
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Insomnia
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 Def | 252 Sp. Atk | 252 Spe

So, this time Delibird isn't that cute like before XD
First of all, you start with an evil Spikes (and you set as many as possibile). Rapid Spin is used to remove all entry hazards that your opponent set and Icy Wind is used to slow down your opponents (or you can choose something more evil called Freeze-Dry). And finally, if someone is evil enought that don't want Delibird's presents, you can use destiny Bond and send him to hell with you. Wait... it's Christmas and we are doing those evil things?? :lole2:

I never used Delibird in a competitive battle but I remember that I gifted some in the Wonder Trade for Christmas asd (maybe one or two were named Santa XD) other than that, all my Delibirds ended in the box.

Today for the: "did you know?" we have this: Delibird has Insomnia as its Hidden Ability but Vital Spirit, in battle, do the exact same effect.

And now, let's share our experiences with that particular Pokémon in our games, cool fan artworks (with the source) or anything else!
Read the previous Weekly Pokémon Discussions

Top Bottom