What's new

How did you find the difficulty of Pokémon Sun & Moon compared to previous titles?

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
Did you find these games to be easier or harder than previous games? Did Sun & Moon meet your standards in terms of difficulty?
For sure the most difficult game was Black/White and XY were really easy for me. So I think SM aren't that difficult but not that easy like XY. The Totem mons aren't always easy and only one boss for me was difficult
beast mother
since there were only tank mons... and I really hate tanks :cry:

unownzone

Careful, Confident, Classy
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Darkrai, Lucario, Blaziken
PkmnGO Team
It was easy for me because I'm the kind of player that takes their time enjoying every detail of the game that I'm usually over-leveled.

However, I hear a lot of fans saying it was slightly harder than the previous games, and if this is true, I think Game Freak is doing a good job.

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Thread Owner
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
It was easy for me because I'm the kind of player that takes their time enjoying every detail of the game that I'm usually over-leveled.

However, I hear a lot of fans saying it was slightly harder than the previous games, and if this is true, I think Game Freak is doing a good job.
It's a little more harder but it's still easy :yesyes:

Diehl

As consistent as a Honda engine
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Emolga and Zapdos
PkmnGO Team
I didn't see that "harderness" related by @unownzone ... Maybe because I haven't finished XY, as for @May is the easiest game.

Well, about the difficulty of this game, it was pretty much like B/W, B2/W2 to me. I mean, I only had difficulty to beat Olivia's trial, due to all my flying types, so I made the classical strategy of throwing all my Pokémon as baits while recovering my Rowlet/Dartrix/Decidueye (I can't remember which level it was at this point xD). And you guys know that I always go straight forward until I finish the game. So, no it isn't that hard.

Shiny_Pikachu

Electric Trainer
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Froslass
PkmnGO Team
I found these games to definitely be a little harder than the previous titles. One of the first things that I noticed was that the NPC's employed actual strategies rather than trying to "muscle" their way to beating me. For instance, I noticed that the NPC's were heavily using status moves particularly paralyze and sleep. Another thing I noticed was that even though my pokemon were levels above them, the npc's would still do a lot of damage. Overall, I thoroughly did enjoy the games and though at the time it was frustrating.

Carly Apple

Native Hawaiian, African American and Scandinavian
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
6th Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Vulpix, Ninetales, Articuno
A wee bit harder. Especially the pokemon league.
It can never be as hard as the original red and blue versions however.
They were just nightmarish.

Sun and moon overall hardness rating compared to prior titles. About a 7 out of 10.

Fulure

Leader of the Blueberry Army
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
2nd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Infernape and Salamance
PkmnGO Team
I found it kind of easy actually, the only time I had to grind a little (for no more than 30 minutes) was the Lush Jungle Trial. Everything else I beat on my first try.

Top Bottom