What's new

Pokemon Soft Resetting: Based on a True Story (Well not really!)

Superqami

Magnemite, go!
Thread Owner
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
3rd Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Greninja
PkmnGO Team
Only 1 chapter

BRRRRRR....

The ground in the cave on Route 134 shook.... BUZZZZ...

Rocks crumbled down from the ceiling, the surface shook... Three new locations had been opened

"I heard there is one location at Route 111 and it is called Desert Ruins.." Though Brendan.

He got out of the cave, he asked his Sharpedo to dive and quickly get him out of the underwater route.

After a few minutes he was surfing on Route 134, he was no longer underwater.

"Swellow Fly us to Route 111!" He commanded his trusty bird.

Swellow flew him across the ocean and it went north of Mauwile City.

Brendan walked around the Route and came across the tree where he was introduced to Secret Bases by the master Aarune. He roamed around and found the Desert Part of Route 111, when he entered the desert he quickly but his trusty, sparkling new, Devon Goggles on.

"Well this ought to keep the nasty sand outta' my face!"He exclaimed.

He kept walking southwards until he reached the bottom of the desert, ahead of him was the cave...

The Desert Ruins!
He entered the cave and walked forward, there was some unknown language scribed on the wall, Braille! He walked all the way towards the writing and then moved like a madman, he took two steps right and then took two steps down and then suddenly he commanded,

"Wailord, STRENGTH!"

The huge whale, bashed into the writing on the wall and.. formed a small entrance.. for one person to fit in?

"THAT WAS A BIG ENOUGH IMPACT TO BREAK THE WHOLE WALL!!! AFTER ALL THAT STRENTGH FROM WAILORD JUST A SMALL ENTRANCE IS FORMED? WAAAH I'M LOSING MY MIND!"Brendan yelled, going all nuts.

"Anyways there is an entrance which will take me to a Legendary Pokemon!" He snapped out of the nuts mode.

He stepped into another cave inside the cave, some parts of the cave was dry while some was scattered with solid yellow sand... Brendan walked forwards... ahead stood a tall rocked body...

"Regirock!" Brendan recognized..

"SAVING MECHANISM ON!" Brendan exclaimed..

"Brendan saved the game." A voice, which seemed to be coming out of no where said..

Saving Mechanism is a feature which allows the Trainer to "save" their adventure incase they fail something, if they fail something they can return to the past before they failed.

"Well here goes", Brendan said, and walked towards the rocked monsters face, and looked up.

"RAAAAAAAAAAWR", The rocked monster roared..

"A wild Regirock appeared!" A voice out of nowhere exclaimed.

"Ugh, it is a normal Regirock!"Brendan complained,"I have heard of a mechanism which can improve my chances of finding a shiny!"

"It is called the Soft Resetting Mechanism or SReset for short!" He exclaimed.

Soft Resetting Mechanism is a mechanism which is highly supported by the Save Mechanism. Loads of PokeNerds Soft Reset every day to get the Perfect Mystery Gift or a Shiny Legendary!

Soft Reset is like time travel but the past always changes, for example you got a normal Regirock in this time of playing but when you soft reset and interact with Mr. Rocky you get a shiny!

To make it work you have to save infront of the Pokemon you want the Shiny version of and then interact with the Pokemon, if it is not shiny.. Keep screaming "SOFT RESET! SOFT RESET!" Suddenly your mind will feel all dizzy and you will be taken to the past but you will still have memories of that painful time where the Regirock wasn't shiny.. keep repeating it until you get the shiny.. Soft Resetting sucks since you get a lot of bad memories of the Pokemon not being shiny.. That is why when people come back from a SReset run they are freaking exhausted..

Anyways:

"SOFT RESET!!" Brendan exclaimed, Brendan disappeared, it looked like he vaporized, infront of the Regirock, Mr. Rockhead looked confused..

He had traveled to the past.. but Soft Resetting can change the past.. The Regirock might be a shiny or it might have a different nature? Who knows?

"PLEASE BE SHINY!!" Brendan screamed as he kicked Regirock...

"NAAAAAAAAAAAAH SOFT RESET!!!" He yelled when it was still not shiny.

After 101010301401 times of travelling back to try to get a Shiny Regirock, -Brendan swore that this was the last time.

Brendan crossed his finger and interacted with Rockhead...

Twinkle... Twink, wink wink! The shiny sound appeared!

Brendan's jaw dropped.. "OH.. MY.. ARCEUS", He stuttered, he was panting and sweating.

He ordered his Relicanth to Surf, it barley did damage to the Regirock despite being Super Effective, the Rockhead 2 Hit KO-ed the Relicanth..

"I'M TIRED OF THIS!" He screamed,"Go! Jirachi! USE THAT POWERFUL ATTACK OF YOUR WHICH WILL BRING IT DOWN TO 1 HP!"

Jirachi executed it's attack perfectly until a voice came and exclaimed

"It's a critical hit!"

Brendan's jaw dropped even more.. He saw the Regirock sink into the ground..

"Regirock fainted!" A voice exclaimed.

"SHUT UP VOICE..WHAHA!!!" Brendan cried.

Tears were flowing out of his eyes like a river, his fists clenched tightly, his arms sweating..

"I'M DONE!!"He screamed..

"Wait, nevermind I'm back.. I want that Shiny so bad, SOFT RESET PLEASE!"

Woosh and he traveled back to the past, where he hadn't encountered the beast yet..

The End..

This was kind of a fast write so please enjoy!

Last edited:

Pokemon Trainer

Demon Buster Trainee
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Trainer
Generation Started
1st Generation
Favorite Pokémon
Pikachu, Rayquaza and Zeraora
PkmnGO Team
XDDD Brendan that hears voices reminds me of "the voices" from TPP roftl